Who Has Pre-Ordered SC Global?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes ,i too have ordered. Hope it is better than SC Pacific which i did`nt really take to. I still think the basic SC2 was the best, though PDE was`nt too bad. As soon as i pre ordered i got the message "your download is ready .....", which did not fool me one bit (not like last time ). However ,getting an Email from BFC saying it was read to d/l did get my juices running !

Al.

When you place a pre-order, the amount is charged immediately. There is actually a blurb on the order page explaining this, and it is one of the reasons why we are only opening pre-orders a few weeks before the actual release, and only after we have a very firm grip on the release timing.

Having said that, I have a little bit of bad news for you guys. We intended to release the game this month, but our network provider has crossed the plans by scheduling a major server maintenance for the end of Feb. We do not want to be caught with a new release just at the time when our servers and network may become inaccessible for some periods of the day (Feb 28, March 1), and so have moved the release up to the first week of March.

Martin

Oh well....just think of all that interest BF is making off our pre-order funds!:D

I guess its back to Panzer General Forever as I'm just entering the African theater with newly upgraded FW 190As. Never could get a major victory in France to get to the Sealion scenario despite having tried 3 times.:(

This new PG is really tough.:cool:

Oh no, but at least we know when now

The other bright side of this is that there will be no delay this time between the download release and the shipping of hardgoods. We are now able to prepare all the hardgoods materials for pre-order customers in advance, so the shipping will begin only a few days after the downloads are launched (instead of the usual 1-2 weeks later).

ARGH!!! Now I won't see it till I'm back from Burma!! Oh well....no real harm done. Just keep one waiting for me Moon, and I hope all the rest of you guys have a ton of fun while I'm gone, and have some helpful AAR's waiting for me to read when I get back!

ARGH!!! Now I won't see it till I'm back from Burma!! Oh well....no real harm done. Just keep one waiting for me Moon, and I hope all the rest of you guys have a ton of fun while I'm gone, and have some helpful AAR's waiting for me to read when I get back!

Hi AZGungho

Will you be seeing anything of historical interest while you're in Burma? I'm just thinking it would be great to know if you do get to see anything.

Bill

HI Bill,

Probably not on this trip, but you never know. I've been in Sittwe and Mytchkina as well as Yangon (Rangoon) of course. I've seen the War Memorial that the Brits put up in Northern Yangon area, it's very nice!

About three years ago there were still bridging equipment left on the banks of the Ayeyarwaddy in Mytchkina, but they've since removed it. Too bad as many families were living in some of the remains, and it looked really cool! I've got some pics of that.

If I do I'll be sure to mention them when I return.

I pre-ordered yesterday. Just wanted to double check if purchasing with Battlefront.com was safe as I never dealt with them before. Secure purchasing. That's good.

Suggestion. Have a customer service phone number. I feel much more comfortable talking to a person sometimes than corresponding with a stranger through email.

I pre-ordered yesterday. Just wanted to double check if purchasing with Battlefront.com was safe as I never dealt with them before. Secure purchasing. That's good.

Suggestion. Have a customer service phone number. I feel much more comfortable talking to a person sometimes than corresponding with a stranger through email.

Thanks for your feedback, geofighter. Ordering is secure with us, we have hundreds of thousands of customers who have purchased games from us in the past 11+ years that Battlefront exists and is selling games.

We do not offer phone service because it would tie up too many resources in order to be of any use. We are only a handful of full time employees most of whom are busy making games. We do offer online support including an online support chat at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk.

Geofighter

I can tell I never had any problems with battlefront , I have bought all SC series from them sometimes direct download others also with the hardcopy and always got the games. Also their support is very good, I had to format my pc last Christmas and they reset my elicenses for which I'm very grateful (now just to be cautious I unlicense after playing).

So don't worry you're in good hands.

Now only a few days left for the release :)

Bty: I used to be able to edit my posts but this option is no longer available, any chance to turn it on again or is there a reason for it? Thanks

Looking over this thread it becomes very apparent to me that there are a lot of people getting Global that don't post here often. I want to appeal to everyone here that because this is likely our last SC for awhile we need everyones input to continue this development.

I'm assuming, as is past history, that this edition will go through some patching, not to fix bugs but to actually enhance gameplay with additional features. Therefor it is very important to all and especially these posters here that seldom provide their opinions that they not be shy in posting their feedback about improving this game.

I want to expressly guide these rare posters to the scenario mods made by the community, as well as the scenarios provided in this edition, as they many times include novel and innovative gameplay that can lead to further increases in the gaming dynamics.

With that said, it would be very encouraging to see a plethora of AARs describing the different experiences everyone here is sure to observe in this new SC edition, whether its against the AI or another human its all important in the evaluation.

So with the start of March 2010 and this initial week of release, in the time of Pisces and the "Ides of March", raise your glasses and toast; let the gaming begin!

And to think the Canucks started it with an Olympic classic, congratulations on the Hockey Gold, a game for the history books....and I don't even like hockey!:D