observation

I just went back playing in the Pacific game to get myself prepared for the upcoming global war after many months of not playing for whatever reasons, and some observations that I had forgotten over time, I do hope when an invasion force lands without opposition or no enemy units near them when they land, that they dont lose 20 to 40% of their troops, sorry did not like it before and will not like it again. I hope the supply rules are way better than before, and enemy units wont foolish sacrafice themselves attacking vastly superior forces, other than that I am looking forward to the new game from Hubert.

Bo

I guess I am not going to get an answer on this one from Hubert or anyone else so I will answer myself. Self are you crazy for bringing this up of course we lost 40% of our Marine divisions when they landed on Okinawas beaches check the historical records and you will see Bo. I did check there were two hangnails and one marine got eaten by a shark:D

Bo

I agree that the losses are often too high. But since this is supposed to represent low level opposition to the landing, I don't mind some casualties. But 40-50% is way too high I agree with you there. I've had it happen myself, not often and almost always at the worst possible time of course!

Keep in mind that as much as I would like to answer every question on the forums in a timely manner, often and especially now as we wrap the game up, I sometimes only get the chance for a few questions here and there but I do try and get back to all of them eventually. Not much I can do about that as I am still mostly a one man show ;)

That being said, the 20-40% landing is still a part of Global Conflict and primarily for the reason that it only occurs upon contested territory, i.e. territory that is not currently considered friendly. This could represent having to land on rough terrain in enemy territory, i.e. a less than ideal beachhead, and/or rear guard defenses in place such as pill boxes that can still inflict some damage on a landing force etc.

Supply is also similar but there have been some significant improvements to the AI, as with all releases, and one of them was to improve AI attack calculations as noted.

Hubert

Keep in mind that as much as I would like to answer every question on the forums in a timely manner, often and especially now as we wrap the game up, I sometimes only get the chance for a few questions here and there but I do try and get back to all of them eventually. Not much I can do about that as I am still mostly a one man show ;)

That being said, the 20-40% landing is still a part of Global Conflict and primarily for the reason that it only occurs upon contested territory, i.e. territory that is not currently considered friendly. This could represent having to land on rough terrain in enemy territory, i.e. a less than ideal beachhead, and/or rear guard defenses in place such as pill boxes that can still inflict some damage on a landing force etc.

Supply is also similar but there have been some significant improvements to the AI, as with all releases, and one of them was to improve AI attack calculations as noted.

Hubert

Thank you for getting back to me as I do not know much about editing things I count on you to do it for me and make it right, Not being negative but this should be changed, the casualties inflicted on a landing with no enemy units near could take maybe a 5% loss and thats high, with an enemy unit next to the landing maybe 10% maybe, with the new mode of being able to attack from the sea much higher casualties makes sense to me, if you are going to stick with this premise fine just tell me how to change it in the editor, because the day I get the game is the day I change it, if other experienced players in the SC series think this terrible percentage is all right with them I wish they would speak up and say so. If they all agree with you Hubert so be it and I will put it to rest. Is this easy to change or hard to do?

Bo

Hubert,

I have to agree with Bo on the percentages being open to changes in the editor, if you can make the changes in a patch. There does appear to be too many high casualties on occasion for landings. Some casualties make sense, but certainly not 50% or more, unless under very hostile situations. If you are able to do it, that would be great. :)