CrossFire causes flicker

squishalll

My specs:

i7 920 @3.5ghz, 2 x ATI 4870 1GB in Crossfire, MSI X58 Platinum MB, 6 gb DDR3, onboard sound, 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz, 24" monitor, 300GB Velociraptor

In XFire screen flickers and has bright flashes. Once I turned XFire off it ran fine. All drivers are updated.

I assume you're running in DirectX 10 mode, is that correct ? Do you get the same issue if you run in DirectX 9.0c mode ?

CrossFire and SLI technologies can be real headaches for video driver developers. If a game can run fine on a single GPU, but it has problems with multiple GPUs, then the problem is often with the video drivers. Most games, to my knowledge, don't really make many adjustments for running on multiple GPUs. Game developers are dependent on the video driver developers handling the graphics load properly between multiple GPUs.

You may want to report this problem to ATI/AMD so they can take a look at it. Here is the Catalyst Crew Feedback Form. I'm not sure how often ATI/AMD actually looks at this stuff to check for problems, but it is a place to start.