WWII Global Scenario Idea: Global Bunta

Hey, hey, wait a minute everybody, I haven't given permission yet! :D :D

Glad to have your infinite words of literary wisdom back to ponder on JJ, and really like your alternate history novel idea, as you already know. ;):D

Another late thought: I can't help but wonder if there would have been a race between Germany and Russia as to who would attack first. After all, once Russia saw Germany solidifying its hold on western Europe, Stalin might have been forced to act a bit proactively, if he thought he still had a chance. I think there is a lot of different angles of thinking on that situation.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Snowstorm, I didn't hear your whistle, just glanced at your sundial and the part marked off for reopening the thread was already behind the shadow, so I figured, uh -- :rolleyes:

Thank you, it's always good to be posting with friendly posts going up in response. And very glad you like the idea. You've already provided some interesting input at that other place in the low rent district. Sorry, I mean the no rent district without electricity or running water, but me and a few friends call it home. ;)

Fine observation.

My guess is, without a war going on in the west, Stalin would be trying to repair the damage he did to his officer corps. Russians would be building defences around their major European cities and across their vital roads. On the other hand he might have shrivelled up into the no-provocation mode he was in during the spring and early summer of 1941.

I'd go heavily with the preparedness mode. If Hitler were shipping troops and air units out to Africa and Indonessia it would buy a year or more for Russia to prepare for the almost inevitable war.

-- But with the Triple Defense Pact of Germany-France and Britain it would be wise for the USSR to wait till Germany breaks the non-aggression pact. Which would also serve to make the Brits and French ask what their own non-aggression pact with Hitler was worth.