PIN THIS: Combat Mission: Shock Force Video Walkthrough from beginning to end

Includes:

Audio commentary from beginning to end

Entire missions (unedited)

15+ hours of footage

Note: For most of these missions it was my first or second time playing.

Also, after a few days I will not be able to edit this post, so please check below and on subsequent pages to see if I add any more videos. Thanks for watching.

Taskforce Thunder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okvC-SDdvxs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqRLjWgO5YY

British Campaign

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ixi1KJrdpg

Mods I use:

AKD Sound Mod

Background Sounds Remixed (the radio chatter)

more emotional voices

Modified NATO Floating Icons

Very nice, tyrspawn! Why don't you send me the stuff over to our YouTube accuont (www.youtube.com/battlefrontcom) and I'll refer to them off the front page there as well...

Hrm not so sure what you mean? Send you the video raws? I don't think I have all the source videos unfortunately.

P.S. You should be able to put them on your youtube page by just making a playlist or adding them as favorites and customizing your channel's appearance.

Great job man, a good resource for people new to the game.

I can't help but cringe when I see CMSF without the popular UI tweak mods. Your probably aware of them, but here they are if you or some other new player is interested.

Unit icon 'Silhouettes' replacements

Full coloured weapon icons

Icon Bases Mod

Your video collection reminds me of a Tutorial campaign I was gonna create awhile back. It was gonna be much more in-depth than the default Tutorial cam.

• 1 month later...
Great job man, a good resource for people new to the game.

I can't help but cringe when I see CMSF without the popular UI tweak mods. Your probably aware of them, but here they are if you or some other new player is interested.

Unit icon 'Silhouettes' replacements

Full coloured weapon icons

Icon Bases Mod

Your video collection reminds me of a Tutorial campaign I was gonna create awhile back. It was gonna be much more in-depth than the default Tutorial cam.

I know of those mods but sorta like the default equivalents. I think the colored vehicles and weapons look gaudy, and the icon replacements break immersion and say "look, i'm a video game!"

One mod I could never play without is Modified NATO Floating Icons.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I never looked at replays b4 and it's interesting to see what another player does - altho' after the first couple times playing CMSF when it came out, I never play in RT. (I just don't see how you can control a largish numer of units in different areas of the BF in RT. And if you keep pausing all the time, what is the point of RT?)

I only watched the Brit scenario all the way thru as I remember playing that one. It made me smile a bit to see how dismayed the player becomes when he realizes that the enemy aren't going to cut and run "like they did when playing the US" hehe. Well, we did all agree that the original game seemed quite biased in that respect.

That's what makes the Brits and now the NATO forces so much more challenging and fun.

I don't know if it's a factor playing RT, but his keeping all this inf and AFV's close together most iof the time I found alien. (I always try to keep my AFV's as far back as possible while giving covering fire.) For that reason it was also odd that at the very end of the scenario when the inf really did need covering fire (and were taking most of the casualties) he had allowed the AFV's to get out of position to provide any help.

Also for what it's worth, I sent the first inf recon teams deep on either side of the road to flush out flank ambushes. I don't recall seeing any mines and sent some AFV's to follow these scouts with no ill-effect.

Thanks for doing all the work to post these voiced playthru's. They have persuaded me to check out the new ones available for the German Campaign in NATO.

The other thing I noticed in this and the German Campaign video series, is that the players seem to hardly ever use covered arcs, or use HUNT (just QUICK from the looks of it).

Is that a RT play thing?

(In WEGO I use covered arcs ALL the time and spend time changing them almost every turn depending on where I want my guys to be looking. And whenever I am close to the enemy I use HUNT and HIDE nearly all the time.)

• 4 weeks later...

Newb here, and just want to say a quick word of thanks to tryspawn for the videos. They inspired me to purchase the CMSF+Marines bundle. I ran the 1st & 2nd missions yesterday, and it is clear to me that these vids are useful from a wide range of perspectives, most notably in minimizing losses while taking objectives quickly. Thanks again!

One quick question, when placing movement orders for a platoon in multiple vehicles, your vids show the paths for each vehicle, while when I do it, I just see one path. Am I doing something wrong, or is there an option to set somewhere to see individual vehicle paths?

• 6 months later...

Probably no one will ever see this because I'm so many years late to the party, but really appreciate these videos tryspawn. I'm a noob to CMSF and after working my way through all the stock scenarios, decided to try the campaigns.

It is very interesting to play a scenario, then compare as how you approached it. I took a very different approach in initial mission involving the border crossing (Abrams on berm, simultaneously in overwatch, then arty the trenches, inf assault of same from north to south, then damned near level the compound with 155s), but our approaches in the second mission were nearly identical.

Anyway, thanks for putting these together. I look forward to reviewing them following my play of each of the missions.