PT_Boat_Install

PTBT

Some general answers:

When installing ANY software, this is Windows default behavior. Whenever you run something with the name "Setup" or "Install" in it, Windows actually accesses admin privileges in the background. Your "normal" User account has those privileges, usually.

In addition to that, our games require the full administrator rights FOR THE FIRST TIME YOU LAUNCH them, because of our copyright protection, eLicense. This is needed only once, however.

Lastly, some games require administrator rights as well for things like saving games etc. due to how Vista and Windows 7 have implemented certain self-imposed limits and standards for saving files (such as save game files), which broke compatibility with games which were not originally designed with Vista or W7 in mind.

Hope this helps.

Martin

Hallo Martin,

Some general answers:

>When installing ANY software, this is Windows default behavior. Whenever >you run something with the name "Setup" or "Install" in it, Windows >actually accesses admin privileges in the background. Your "normal" User >account has those privileges, usually.

Yes, that's right.

>In addition to that, our games require the full administrator rights FOR >THE FIRST TIME YOU LAUNCH them, because of our copyright protection, >eLicense. This is needed only once, however.

OK.

>Lastly, some games require administrator rights as well for things like >saving games etc. due to how Vista and Windows 7 have implemented >certain self-imposed limits and standards for saving files (such as save >game files), which broke compatibility with games which were not >originally designed with Vista or W7 in mind.

Hm.

>Hope this helps.

Yes.

The reason for my questions is, that I had become trouble with an installation of another game-demo that I had downloaded.

It seemd that all my logins were "phished" (no login of mine were accepted any longer), so that I had to do a new installation of VISTA.

Sure I can be wrong with my solution. But it was the nearest reason.

And I do not wanted to make a new tryout in the same, because a installation takes min. a hole day long.

So to me is now that I shall trust the download.

Thank you for answering

and with best regards

No demo nor full version of our games would ever be able to do anything like this, PTBT. They have no access at all to your Windows logins or accounts. That's by design and the reason why some users have to manually set the game to execute as "Run as admin", in fact.