Did the demo.....more ??? than answers....

Mad Dog 762

Downloaded and played the demo for a game I had high hopes for. I was hoping for and expecting something like Silent Hunter 4, but with PT boats....but after doing the "tutorial" I am sadly disappointed and left shaking my head with lots of questions. For instance....why can I only see the enemy ships 1200 meters out on a clear day? Why do I have to be within rock throwing distance to "identify" them with binoculars? Why do I have to sink the enemy PT boats before I can attack the merchants (and why am I not told that)?? And figuring out the torpedos was not exactly easy either....

Beyond that, I am disappointed in the overall feel of the game....the lack of a sensation of speed when going full throttle, the pitiful damage and sinking effects....when you torpedo a ship, you are rewarded with a small waterspout, and the ship sinks...no fire or smoke, no break up, no variation in the sinking...

And finally....even if all the above were fixed....this game would need a mission editor to be be a viable product. This feels like it was rushed out the door half done....I would love to have a PT sim, and if it ever lives up to its potential I will be first in like to buy it....but not like it is now....not even from the bargain bin.

MD

why can I only see the enemy ships 1200 meters out on a clear day?

i dont got the game, how can i imagine that? do they simply pop up at 12hm? i picture this in my head right now and it looks ugly.

also what is the map size when you only can view roughly 12hm? like 10x10 or 20x20km? that sounds quiet tiny for naval combat.

can this possibly be your graphix settings that limits your view distance?

Yeah I also enjoying the game. Despite it really didn't meet my expectations on the beguining I am starting to enjoy it quite a bit the more I am progressing into the Campaing.

However the game needs to be modded and a mision editor is a must, but I am confident we will end up having those in due time