Catch 22 Hades

I haven't fired-up this game in many months. It asked for a screen size and the one I arbitrarily chose, 1280x800, prevents the game from launching. it says out of range, and stays there. I can't get back to the settings screen, or any other game screen to make a different choice. The only thing I can do is go to task manager to end the application. But if i re-launch the game it returns to the "out of range" error box. Any suggestions?

Hi Yolo,

I would navigate to your installation directory and find the file called sc2.ini. From there you can reset the screen settings by setting all these lines to 0 and try again.

For example:

#ORIGINAL_SCREEN_WIDTH= 0

#ORIGINAL_SCREEN_HEIGHT= 0

#WINDOW_WIDTH= 0

#WINDOW_HEIGHT= 0

#FULL_SCREEN= 0

#BIT_DEPTH= 0

If you are running Vista you will have to click on the 'Compatibility Files' button at the top right hand side of the navigation window and change the sc2.ini file it shows from there.

Alternatively, a reinstallation should do the trick as this resets this file as well.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

The "out of range" error you're getting is your monitor telling you it can't display the signal coming from the video card. 1280x800 apparently is not compatible with your display.

Do you know what resolution you're currently running your desktop at ?

Assuming you're running SC2 Blitzkrieg; go to the directory where the game is installed. If you used the default install path, then it should be '\Program Files\Battlefront\Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg'. In here double-click on the "sc2.ini" file, which should open it up in Notepad. At the top of the file there is a warning not to modify this file, but in this case it seems necessary (and I believe it should work).

For resolutions the first number is the width and the second number is the height. The following four lines from the 'sc2.ini' file are for a display of 1280x1024.

#ORIGINAL_SCREEN_WIDTH= 1280

#ORIGINAL_SCREEN_HEIGHT= 1024

#WINDOW_WIDTH= 1280

#WINDOW_HEIGHT= 1024

Modify these lines for a resolution supported by your display.

Thanks to those who replied. I edited the sc2.ini file and I'm back in business. It's odd because the resolution I picked was 1280x800 and I just checked and the resolution I use for Pacific THeater is 1680x1050 and it works.

Whatever... now I just marktime until Global Conflict is published.