CMBO Display on Entire screen

huhr

I have windows 7 and all the games work fine from cmbo - to cmak. The only thing that could be better is in CMBO. I have a 24" widescreen monitor. Both CMAK and CMBB use the entire screen. However, playing CMBO uses about 20 inches of the screen.

on each side of the screen is black

post-10717-14186762145_thumb.jpg

I can only guess that you may be using a different resolution and refresh rate with CMBO compared to CMBB and CMAK. Although this is something I would expect with CRT monitor more so than LCD monitors. I would assume that the display is accommodating the resolutions that CMBB and CMAK are using a bit better.

You may want to find out what information your monitor can provide you about the resolutions it is currently displaying. Some of the OSD controls may have an option about the currently displayed resolution. Run CMAK and CMBB and find out what it is and then run CMBO and find out what it is displaying. If there's a difference, try to match CMBO to CMBB and CMAK's setting. To do this you will need to delete the Prefs file in the CMBO directory. You'll then go through the resolution selection process and pay close attention to select the same resolution and refresh rate as CMBB and CMAK.

Other than that I wouldn't have a clue as to why CMBO would be different from CMBB and CMAK in terms of how it gets displayed on your monitor.

Hi Schrull,

I found the answer to my problem. I clicked on the shortcut and looked at the properties. I noticed from looking at CMBB the game was running in Windows xp sp 2 and the cmbo shortcut was running in Windows 7. I made the cmbo run in windows xp mode and it takes up the entire screen. However, CMAK is run at Windows 7 and it displays full screen.

I also reinstalled cmbo and it didnt ask me the scren resolution?

thanks

If you reinstalled into the previous CMBO directory and the Prefs file was still there, then it will not go through the Resolution Selection process. You need to delete the Prefs file and then it will go through the process the next time you load CMBO.

I'm not sure what the 'Windows XP (SP2)' Compatibility mode is doing to the games in terms of the resolutions displayed. Typically I would have assumed it is just a matter of the resolution the game is running at and how your monitor/video card handles that.