CMAK new installation on XP

Skanvak

I have just install the cdv version on my new computer running on XP (yes, I have a licence so not wanting to upgrade right now).

But I get a bug right with the scenario selection :

the description of the scenario name and later instruction does not appear.

I get sometime a cannot open OpenPlay.dll that prevent launching of the game.

I tried to install patch 1.03 but it does not seem capable of finding the installation disk. I pointed on the CM3AK folder and then it is still the same bug. It look like too that the version of the game does not appear on the first screen.

CM2BB works fine

CMSF works fine

Hi Skanvak,

Try to reinstall the game and if it doesn't work click on the properties on the desktop icon and run it from a previous version of Windows. Make sure you try easy steps before you start messing around with your system. One thing I did the other day when something didn't work, turned off my machine and restarted and guess what, the program worked.

Post below looks like the same problem, do you have the correct disk in the drive?

http://www.theblitz.org/archive/printthread.php?tid=18730

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?t=29376

if you type in open dll and cmak you will find a load of posts. looks like a problem with the cdv versionn at times

Ok, thanks for your information.

For the patch, it seems that I did not installed it properly. It must go to the RUN directory. That is solved thanks to you (the tech suppport did not tell me that)

For the text bug I got a reply from BF techsupport : it seems to be related to a bug with ATI graphic card. It is solve by... Alt-tab!

Enjoy.

Thank you again for your help it was useful.