Tips for bad writing about Afghanistan.

Vark

• 1 month later...

Vark,

They actually first appeared among traumatized Afghan refugees as a manifestation and outward expression of their inner experience. These people simply had no frame of reference for the weapons of modern war. There is a bunch of different types of war rugs, and these reflect the styles of the tribes and ethnic groups from which they come. This is discussed in earlier blogs there and elsewhere on the Net. Smart collectors and dealers can tell the difference between the real deal and tourist dreck by such things as apparent age, weaving style, knots, colors, subjects covered, artistic style and materials used.

Detailed discussion here

http://www.rugreview.com/barrwar.htm

www.warrug.com (See particularly styles, motifs,structures and designs.)

Overview

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_rugs

Major recent art exhibition with examples covering three decades of war. Pics expand.

http://www.textilemuseum.ca/apps/index.cfm?page=exhibition.detail&exhId=271

Regards,

John Kettler

Good one.Fascinating thing is,in my world some people would try to pass this off as 29 tips for good writing and these would be the lessons taught and outlined on what to do when you hit the adult world.

I think some people failed to see the DON'T Do in Johnny's DON'T Do adventure book.

These little list's should be posted on every wall, in every bus stop, on every street and in every building.Maybe, just maybe more people will clue in and realize how foolish their own words can be and sound. Chris Rock can't point this all out on his own.

I just had one of those days where I mingled with people of that mindset,Ignorant is to pretty a word for them.If certain people were to see these lists in public and realize that it suited them perfectly, I think they would have a break down or they would keep quiet, but then again, I think they would just say that the list is unrealistic and not true and then say 'no, your the one who's wrong' while they continue to drown in their own Ignorance, leaving me to look at them like:eek::confused:.

O well ,what can we do to people like that?Make fun of them, that's what.These lists are good ammo.:P

Just my little rant, because today "Ignorant" was the word of the day for me and I met and was outnumbered by some people who the list was probably made for.Maybe it's true what they say, Ignorance is bliss.I can say I tried it once, can't say I liked it.I found it's better to be thought Dumb then it is to be Dumb:D.I wish I could post their comments, what a frustrating laugh you guy's would have.I hope no one here is going to tell me that Bush ordered 911 and that all of a sudden overnight you become a Muslim expert in the Koran.

Here's a brain twister for ya, If there were 2 men locked in the same room, one crazy and one sane.After a long time when you open the door, do you think you will have 2 sane people or 2 crazy people or do you think they would remain the same or switched?

If I meet any more backward thinking people in groups I just might collide with a wall and go flippin nuts.:)

Thanks for your time and to the people out there, Never assume that the next person is as Ignorant as you are.Ok I'm done, chow for now.

Souldierz, know how you feel, as a teacher I am amazed at the lack of knowledge of my students, about the war in Afghanistan and why British troops are deployed. This is in a school where a large number of fathers are stationed there, or are in the forces. We feed our young syrupy liberal pap and wonder why they struggle in the real world, pretend to want to listen to their 'real opinions' but upon hearing them defend from the PC playbook and then wonder why they rarely bother to get 'involved'.

As for the answer about two people locked in a garage, surely one would expect only the sane man to walk out, having disposed of his reality challenged companion! On a brighter note, the next generation are far more conservative bunch, so there is hope here!

John, fascinating, I'm now a neophyte Afghan rug-grog! An a different note, I'm whiling away any odd spare hour by playing the free demo of Tac-Ops 4 just defending against a MRR and finding the endless stream of T-80's and BTR's a bit hard to handle! I love the order menus flexibility and the changeable SOP routines and TRP priorities, just wish morale was a factor, the OPFOR attack like terminators and have to be killed to a man!