Holiday Bones, Norman Style

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umlaut,

I don't know if you were around back then, but at first the Euro-publisher CDV presented a box cover where a clearly American G.I. is dragging his buddy away from that Panther. Hilarity ensued, and I guess BFC sent a few scornful e-mails to them because the cover was then edited to look less like Saving Private Ryan and more like Saving Comrade Ivan.

CDV's Special Edition of the same game actually had a cover that didn't rape your eyes:

Combat_Mission_-_Barbarossa_to_Berlin_Coverart.png

The ugliest box cover ever for a successful game, though, must be the original Megaman for 8-bit Nintendo.

And yeah, what Elmar said. Also when it used to happen it was such a hassle to fix the board that BFC eventually became kind of scared of trying what happens if they let threads run super long.

I wonder. Last I heard you couldn't copyright a title, although the law on that might have changed during the intervening years. Registered trademarks are also another kettle of fish. If the studios went that route, then yes, they have it locked up.

Michael

Yes, the trademark would be the issue. When a company purchases Errors & Omissions insurance coverage for a film, TV show, video game, etc. they need to submit a Title Search report to get Title coverage included in the policy.

Nice drawings, Ali-Baba! Great staging and use of color/tones. Storyboard artist?

Are you running Sketchbook Pro on a WACOM or Cintiq? Or is it all hand painted, old-school inks and paper?

Gpig

Nice drawings, Ali-Baba! Great staging and use of color/tones. Storyboard artist?

Are you running Sketchbook Pro on a WACOM or Cintiq? Or is it all hand painted, old-school inks and paper?

Gpig

Thanks Gpig glad you like them! I'm a fan of your sketching :)

These are random panels from a comic of mine. It was drawn on paper with inks and then colored with Wacom&Photoshop using watercolor texture and brushes to give it a less digital look. I have a small experience in commercial storyboarding but I pretty much try to do everything from comics/illustration/children's books. Still rather an amateur in the pro field though.