Battlefront and PT Boats - Huh??

Pips

There's an announcement that Battlefront are now taking orders for PT Boats.

"We are in the final testing stages of the release version and the completely new English language localization”, said Martin van Balkom from Battlefront.com, “and are expecting the game to be ready for download release before the end of the year! Printed goods should be available in the beginning of January."

Now the game has been released in Australia for several months, so I don't understand the above announcement.

It is the same game isn't it? Or is it? I'm very confused! :confused:

There's an announcement that Battlefront are now taking orders for PT Boats.

"We are in the final testing stages of the release version and the completely new English language localization”, said Martin van Balkom from Battlefront.com, “and are expecting the game to be ready for download release before the end of the year! Printed goods should be available in the beginning of January."

Now the game has been released in Australia for several months, so I don't understand the above announcement.

It is the same game isn't it? Or is it? I'm very confused! :confused:

It's a later and "cleaned up" version of the game available in Australia ... I'm not exactly sure what "English language localization" means ... perhaps BFC has finally come around to the Peng Challenge Thread's long held contention that Australians are barely human and, at best, speak a rough approximation of English ... of course I could be wrong ... :D

Joe

Pips, the Battlefront release is v1.1 and is not using any of the Australian localization. We have created a completely new localized version off of the Russian originals. The Australian localization was... well, not very good :)

Since it's v1.1 that we are releasing internationally, it also comes with other bug fixes and improvements that were not in the original Russian (or Australian) release.

Martin

And how much worse could an australian localisation be than an american one for British boats?
Have you ever heard a real Australian talk? I've had the dubious privilege of actually speaking to Mace ... the whole continent sounds like they're speaking Pommie with a mouthful of marbles and uncounted colorful local idioms.

Want an example? Here's a piece from "Waltzing Matilda" ...

Down came a jumbuck to drink at that billabong,

Up jumped the swagman and grabbed him with glee,

And he sang as he shoved that jumbuck in his tucker bag,

"You'll come a-Waltzing Matilda, with me".

Four "localizations" in one stanza ... thank Gawd that BFC is translating this game into actual English that a civilized person can understand.

Now imagine that spoken by a drunken Irishman who's missing a few teeth ... that's what Mace sounds like.

Joe

p.s. Please note that Mace is also a Seniour Knight in the Peng Challenge Thread ... I'm under contractual obligation to heap scorn on him ... mind you in his case it's a pleasure as well as an obligation.

Joe you know they say that New Zealand accent is closest to the original Queens English, an Australian accent is not too far from that. So I hear. Believe it or not I know a few Australians too and they sound closer to Britians's English than a US accent does.

Now if Battlefront have done the accents with actual ww2 British Sailors - Well then we are all saved.

P.S. Have you got the game yet?

Joe you know they say that New Zealand accent is closest to the original Queens English, an Australian accent is not too far from that. So I hear. Believe it or not I know a few Australians too and they sound closer to Britians's English than a US accent does.

Now if Battlefront have done the accents with actual ww2 British Sailors - Well then we are all saved.

P.S. Have you got the game yet?

It's something of an inside joke. We on the Peng Challenge Thread have made it habit to belittle, taunt and demean each other for years. I've played Mace numerous times and he's not a bad sort ... for an Australian.

As to the accents, only a good ole 'merican accent is true English ... the Brits are just trying to put on airs with theirs.

Joe