Vista Problem?

I have the same problem with CMAK and CMBO (even after I bought the Vista patch)!!!

When I try to run the game I get an intro screen that is exceeds my computer screen so I can only see "..ttlefron..."

When I hit escape to go to the game menu, it is only partially visible in the top left corner!!

In the words of Colonel Roberts, "Oh My God, what have I done"!!!

Please help.

Thanks

This seems a strange problem. I think it is possibly linked to running the game at a vertical refresh rate that the monitor can't properly handle. To change this you'll need to delete the appropriate Prefs file for each game (in the root of each games' directory). This will force the resolution selection process.

Most often the resolution selection process will start at your desktop resolution or the closest equivalent that CMx1 games support (which will NOT include widescreen resolutions that are more common now). However it will start at this resolution with the highest refresh rate offered by the video driver. This may often be up to 120 or even 160Hz, which can exceed a number of monitors. CMx1 games will automatically (within about 5 seconds) shift to the next lower refresh rate until it either finally reaches 60Hz or something is selected by the user (pressing any key). Once a CMx1 game reaches 60 Hz it starts at the next lower resolution, but again at the highest vertical refresh rate your monitor may not support.

Before selecting a resolution and refresh rate make sure you can easily read the onscreen text that lists the resolution. Once this is selected, the next time you start CM it will run at that resolution and refresh rate.