Okay...We need a bone

Mord

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Soviets killed far more in their time, no-one is innocent in war!

Having said that, I wont be drawn into a politcal discussion with you...

Try wearing a Hugo Boss suit in the middle of a Russian winter and see how long you last... :D

Apparently Marshal Murat, the man Napoleon once compared to a circus performer because of his fancy uniforms, wore expensive furs on the retreat from moscow

"One of the most dashing cavalry commanders in an era of beau sabreurs was Joachim Murat (1767–1815), and the most flamboyant of all Napoleon’s marshals. Murat was both a gifted cavalry commander and a man consumed with ornamental uniforms if ever there was one. He spent a fortune on designing uniforms for himself, many of which made his peers roll their eyes. He was excused this flamboyance by his peers only because of his intensity and talent for command of cavalry in action. His military career’s highpoint was leading a “nick of time” massed cavalry charge atop a frozen lake halting a Russian breakthrough at the battle of Eylau in 1807.

During the famed retreat from Moscow, Murat was recorded by contemporaries as wearing custom made furs! Proof that even when one’s army is freezing to death, one can still maintain a stylish look. His vanity continued unabated by Napoleon’s (and his own) dwindling fortunes which saw him lose his Kingdom in Naples and a large part of his wardrobe. When Murat was finally sentenced to be executed by the restorationists for supporting Napoleon’s Hundred Days return from exile, he is remarked to have said to the firing squad 'Spare my face, aim for my heart!'"

Souldierz,

Will BFC be handing out kidnapped kittens with the NATO mod??

No, because repressive EU rules prohibit this sort of natural, desirable, free market type activity. Plus, I don't think any of you can be trusted with kittens :D

Oh, and about the other thing. That bone thing. Working on it. Definitely something before we all go off and get stuffed with turkey, ham, Tofurky, or whatever else is on the menu this year.

Steve

No, because repressive EU rules prohibit this sort of natural, desirable, free market type activity. Plus, I don't think any of you can be trusted with kittens :D

Oh, and about the other thing. That bone thing. Working on it. Definitely something before we all go off and get stuffed with turkey, ham, Tofurky, or whatever else is on the menu this year.

Steve

O well, the kittens would probably get lost in the mail anyways.LOL

Good to hear a Christmas bone present is coming our way,that's gonna be better then coal.Can't wait to see some pics and squad layouts of the NATO mod.Especially those under appreciated Canadians.Good job on putting them in.