Re-introducing the Forum and Game Veterans

Oh, alright Jersey John, I admit I have one of those electron particle beam facilities in my garage. I thought after a few years nobody would mind just a little Christmas snow. Unfortunately, my aim was a bit off the mark here, because the worst of it hit about 100 miles to the south of me. Oh well, those corrupt politicians deserve it. :P:D

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Snowstorm, I ponder what you've just said sitting here in Xanadu, Florida, my latest blonde blues singer failed opera star having just walked out on me -- ironically to move back to NJ, hope she's shovelling snow now! -- so I sit here looking at the glass ball in my hand, flakes of fake snow falling on a small country house in the middle of nowhere, and a word crosses my ancient lips, Rosebud-d-d-d as the ball drops from my hand and bounces down the hallway steps, breaking as it reaches the landing, but my faithful childhood sled safe in the basement, among tens of thousands of other trifles accumulated during a wanderlust lifetime.

In your garage you say? Most of the snow landing 100 or so miles from your own house? :eek: Well, poetic justice considering the screen name you've chosen. :rolleyes: -- Anyway, I don't think your alternate of plan of vengeance on the politicians through mountains of snow is going to work. I've found the more of them who get buried, the more of them who arise from someplace else to replace them. :eek:

Yeah ...politicians:rolleyes:, "they(We, the People) stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast", and we just "got fooled again", "same as the old boss":mad:

Gang! Let's turn that frown up-side-down!

Do you know what cheers me up when I'm feeling blue?

I go cruising in the mini-van with the windows down and blast Whitney Houston's "I wanna dance with somebody".

It's the feel good song of 1987 and every bit as relevant today in 2009 as ever!

....with somebody who hugs me! :)

Looks like it was Gaylord. Steve of battlefront posted this at the general forum:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would have been even faster if I had not been distracted by meaningful work this evening. Mostly digesting a big Christmas party feeding frenzy, but we all have our own horror stories to think of this time of year.

And yes, for a bunch of dim witted witless wits, you guessed who this guy was pretty darned quick. I guess Gaylord (no bolding for a banned miscreant, right?) is an example of why we so badly need health care reform in this country. Obviously his insurance dumped him and he's looking to self medicate again. Either that or he's an example of why criminal justice is so badly in need of reform, because he's back out on the streets again without actually being any better than when he went in. Either way it looks like he's out to waste everybody's time again.

If we use history as a yardstick this nutter will be back again. If the Justicar, or other member in (cough) good standing, sees this troubled soul here again, please email me and Moon (martin@battlefront.com) so one of us can flip the switch on him if we haven't already.

Well, I'm shocked, could have been knocked over with a feather, etc & etc. Never suspected on page 9 when I put up that can of Troll spray that our new freind really was -- a Troll! :eek:

So it goes on.

Stalin had his Leon Trotsky,

-- Big Brother his Emmanuel Goldstein,

-- -- And Battlefront its Gaylord Fokker.

This is the last known photograph of him in case anyone wants to do a three minute hate.

Disgruntled%20Guest%20No_%20666.JPG

Well, thank you BrotherRambo. Why not write an Email to the moderators suggesting I be banned?

Or, perhaps you should be banned for writing something so truly stupid? Maybe I should have been banned for sticking up for you, and others, to the point of writing Emails to the moderators when they were kicked out, guess that's a possibility too. I see how much it counted for.

Anyway, if you're degenerating back to your intolerant bible thumping BS and trying to impose it on everyone else, I'll just stay away on my own. I don't need that kind of idiocy.

That painting in the picture deserves a banning, or burning.

who's the Krusty the Klown with the gray nasty as hair/beard?

Could it be Satan!:confused:

I think the moderators should be banned, what with their "political incorrectness". SS aka Gaylord needs help.....and understanding...probably the product of a broken home, we should be more tolerant of his trolling activities.

I'm at fault....I should have complied with his goodnatured request for a hug instead of questioning his motivation and sexual orientation.:rolleyes:

Shame...shame on me....bad SeaMonkey!

I'm going out to my garden and eat some worms!:(

One of the things I used to love to read on this forum (and still love reading on other forums), is the after action reports. What ever happened to them? Are they kept in another zone of the forums?

Also, on a similar note, where does one troll for opponents? (oh! wrong word, not that I think about it, search, I meant, yes, search)

I'm sure this has all been mentioned before and guidance provided, but on the day that occurred, I must have been looking at penguins...

In the meantime, Seasons greetings...

Well, thank you BrotherRambo. Why not write an Email to the moderators suggesting I be banned?

Or, perhaps you should be banned for writing something so truly stupid? Maybe I should have been banned for sticking up for you, and others, to the point of writing Emails to the moderators when they were kicked out, guess that's a possibility too. I see how much it counted for.

Anyway, if you're degenerating back to your intolerant bible thumping BS and trying to impose it on everyone else, I'll just stay away on my own. I don't need that kind of idiocy.

You lost your mind?

I said "THE PICTURE" should be ban. Not the poster. Good grief. You known me for 7+ years from here & Buntaland. And you still don't believe in me, eh? You ever known me to want censorship? Sadly, you attack my religion out of blind rage. It must still bother you, consider taking inventory.

BrotherRambo,

You have my apologies, I definitely misinterpreted your post.

But the thing is, how does anyone ban a picture?

I couldn't understand why, if it bothered you that much, you didn't contact me through a personal message here, or at Buntaland, or with an Email, and I'd have replaced that photo with something else.

Personally I thought it was a good choice specifically becuase it wasn't a depiction of Satan, only someone joking around with a toy pitchfork.

True about us knowing each other for 7+ years and I couldn't imagine why, out of nowhere, you were suddenly saying I should be banned.

I did become very angry believing that was what you meant, while at the same time knowing it couldn't have been, and I reacted in anger.

I offer my apology.*

The bible thumping remark was inexcusable on my part. Again, I was angry because at other sites in the past I've had several run-ins with people who were offended by any joking reference to Satan, etc & etc, and anything involving religious views being pushed in forums has become a raw nerve with me. -- But I can see now that this wasn't the case here.

Ah, if only that sainted gentleman were still among us he'd call for a group hug. :eek::D

No big deal. You're a "Made Man", carry the torch with confidence, I shouldn't need remind you. Confidence, means walk with faith. Walk with what you know to be true. Emotions are of the flesh, and lead to destruction.

Was a bad joke of mine to use the "B-word" without specifics. Especially considering the constant egg shells we are both forced to walk on. Far as the old ugly bastard in the picture, it's just an eyesore. The Devil comes as a Minister of Light, not Vincent Price.

Stay Thirsty My Friends,

-Legend

After a couple of days it's like sharp little shards of wire, can actually be used like a weapon if I rub it along someone's skin. :eek: If it grows for a week or two it turns into a regular beard. I never let it grow for more than a day in the interest of public safety, and my own. :cool:

I met a lot of those guys in my trips to Gettysburg over the years.

The best was in July 2003 on the anniversary days of the battle, a reenactor playing Robert E. Lee who very patiently explained his plans for that day to my young grandniece. When a junior officer came with a message he bent slightly, took her right hand and kissed it, excusing himself as the actions were about to unfold.

-- A nice touch was when he asked where she was from and she answered Long Island. He thought a moment. "Ah yes, I know the place. Fine country. During happier times I set up, and commanded, the defensive batteries of New York Harbor."

The man might well have been Robert E. Lee himself. :cool::)