During Action Report - hcrof vs Mike Churchmoor!

hcrof

Bit Off-Topic but... :D

@ Mike Churchmoor

On the pictures it lokks like trees are pictured far away, did you dont have such problems ?

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=90147

Great AAR by the way !

Actually I did have that problem earlier in this battle but now when taking those screenies I didn't. :confused:

Weird.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for this top notch AAR.

As many others I guess, I was eagerly waiting for the next post to see how the battle would unfold. Great snapshots and, most important of all, great writing !

Your work really makes CMSF shine.

PS : I can't help underlying that this battle was a mirrored battle...

Battlefront please include a "mirror battle" option in the QB builder !

Very well played Mike Churchmoor,and great AAR,thanks for posting it.Good screen shots to.

Seems like Mike was able to stay one step ahead by knowing and reacting to Hcrof's movements.Getting to key locations and terrain advantage points seemed to play a great roll in this and help give Mike a better understanding of the field as well as the better advantage for defending against attacks.Good tactics, it won you the day.:)

Hcrof could have probably really ripped into Mikes defense using most if not all of his tanks with the assault.Using those tanks like a pack of wolves is always hard to beat and repel unless you your self have a pack of tanks around and not scattered.Could have thrown Mike off balance, but those choke point bridges Hcrof would have to take would be tough, if he decided to take them.I think if Hcrof would have gotten to the hill farm first and secured the hill,even if it was secured through a firefight,Hcrof would have gained the advantage and forced Mike to take up tight defensive Pos on the other side of the river with Hcrof located and spread out on two sides, and if Mike wanted to try and break out, Mike would have to funnel and attack across the choke point bridges.Getting to key and advantageous terrain first is always the best thing to try and do in a meeting engagement.Identify that terrain and get to that terrain and be the first to keep it.

As for the tree line draw distance and muddy roads look, I find if you zoom in, it makes everything appear on the map and lights up like a Christmas tree.I use that when I take screen shots, because it makes all the vegetation appear in the background and little details start to become noticeable.It can be a little tricky to find the right angle for that perfect screen shot though.I tried playing a couple times with the camera zoomed in a bit to capture all the details,but I didn't adjust to it well and zoomed back out.

It would be nice to see more DAR take place on the forums.This one was great and the map is very nice.

Sounds like the tanks were pretty much the key in this one. Without Blue anti-tank technology, like Javelins and Hellfires and such, even the older tanks like these T-62s easily become the decisive weapons. The distances on this map are long and there are many open areas, further giving the tanks an edge. I agree that if hcrof had used more of them in his initial attack on the hill, the outcome would have been very different in his favor.

Very nice battle indeed! :)

Cheers again for all the time invested in sharing the battle!

I think Hcrof made the wisest decision he could at when retreating the first counter attack. Even though me and others advised to attack en mass! :D

The artillery barrage could have give Mike more heavy casualties and then it would have been wise to retreat at that moment.

Wargames are like poker, sometimes good tactics still lets you loose. Simply because your opponent had tactics that worked better in this round. Similarly, a stupid bluff or call can get you very rich!

P.S. anyone expecting a turn from me will get it after 1 or 2 hours, had a busy weekend :D