eLicense

JG53_Jaguar

Hi Battlefront,

Do you plan to change the licensing software in the future on your productions? I like the original TOW and would like to buy TOW2 but I will not support the eLicense DRM. If no, is possible to buy your games elsewhere without your eLicense DRM? (I believe there was TOW version that doesn't uses eLicense but I'm not asure about TOW 2)

Thanks!

No, we have no plans to change to any other DRM at the moment. eLicense is hands-down the best system out there. It's effective in doing what it does (which is only one thing: enforce our End User License Agreement by allowing you two concurrent installations of a game you buy), it's not doing anything behind your back, and it gives you, the customer, full control. There are no restrictions on where you can install and plan, you can move your game around anywhere you want, and your key never expires.

There are only two problems people have with it:

a) the DRM haters don't want any DRM. Usually based on false assumptions or bad experiences with other DRMs not related to eLicense at all.

B) user-error. eLicense puts the responsibility in your lap as the customer, to unlicense your games (although we can reset them), to not lose your key (although we can dig them out) etc. Some people seem to not like that. For me personally, I'd prefer that any day of the week over a Trojan Horse like some other systems out there.

Martin