Carro Armato L6/40 - Ita Tank

Semovente M41 75/18 - Ita spg

Semovente M41 75/34 - Ita spg

Fanteria Anticarro - Ita detachment

Fanteria - Ita detachment

Fanteria mg - Ita detachment

Cecchino - Ita detachment

88mm AA - Ita flak (from germany army)

37mm pak 35/36 - Ita artillery (from germany army)

50mm pak 38 - Ita artillery (from germany army)

75mm leig 18 - Ita artillery (from germany army)

75 mm pak 40 - Ita artillery (from germany army)

Crusader II - UK tank

Crusader II CS - UK tank

Crusader III - UK tank

What is the complete list of new vehicles in Centauro? I know the main chunk will be Italian armour and vehicles, but I noticed Crusader tanks. Is the Matilda in there also? And is it possible to play say the British campaign with the new crusader tanks? The british armour selection is exactly 1 tank which is a little poor compared to other WW2 games that have plenty more.

The Matilda was obsolete by then, Valentine and Churchill were the two main British made tanks at that time.

I bought the Centauro add-on two days ago as a pre-christmas-auto-gift (w/marital agreement)

I tried it yesterday evening with a lot of fun, I really enjoyed it.

I seriously started over the italian campaign tonight.

I really enjoyed the 3 battles I played, despite a little fear I couldn't get rid off, about italian armored vehicles reliability.

I must admit my fears were almost prejudices (I'm french...). And I also must admit I still believe Italians vehicles aren't what they are claimed to be : italian tanks just fit armored cars standards, semovente aren't stugs.

The point is that this add-on is a real thrill, some kind of a defy for PzIV/Sherman experts.

I believe it shows WW2 as it was, before or out of full-power offensives we use to play : Tigers nor panzers weren't there at the begining, neither weren't they everywhere anytime.

I 'm addicted to ToW for it is the best (the only) realistic ww2 game, and i really and deeply thank its devs : they are courageous and righteous.

For God's sake, I do hope my bad english doesn't harms the game, for it's the best I ever played, I swere !

I really like the fact that a company sat down and fleshed out a good Italian campaign, and it really does show the fact that early war tanks are just as much fun to play as than late war models. I would love to see a european Blitzkrieg campaign add-on that involves a French campaign so you can use all of those cool looking french tanks.

Does anyone think a TOW in the pacific would be feasible? Have a British, Austrailian, American and Japanese campaign with all the relevant tanks? Just asking since the Centauro pack has shown what can be done with an army that is considered very poor by alot of people.

British/Americans in Burma & China would be good candidates for a Asia/Pacific expansion, I'm thinking Chindits/Merrils Marauders campaigns againgst the Japanese. Many of the allied units are already in the game, all that would be needed is the Japanese units & of course the statics.

US Marines seaborne island invasions might be harder & take a lot of development to implement though (Need to code ships & landing craft etc).

Do you think Japanese armour would be a viable gameplay mechanic for a game as realistic as TOW? I would love to play a game with Japanese armoured units, but I know the IJA critically ignored armoured vehicle development until it was too late. Seeing a Chi-ha or Ha-go going toe to toe with allied armour would be fun :)

• 3 weeks later...

The Italian (Centauro) Campaign includes 8 Missions

The additional US-Campaign (Stuart) includes 3 Missions

plus 3 Missions in for the "Single Missions" = total 14 Missions one less then in the original TOW2 Afrika 43 (without the tutorials)

I have to state, that creating exiting and challenging Missions that are based on historical events, is a very demanding task.

They are all very well designed and great fun to play - you can create your own missions though, using the new vehicles in the Battle Generator or download missions from the repository!

I have played through the Centauro campaign. Altogether very good. Maps and missions are more realistic than the few German TOW2 misions I played IMHO

Centauro maps feel more genuine (real scale unlike compressed scale of some TOW2 missions), Centauro scenarios are very well designed and fun.

There is still the super accuracy problem (the Bofors 40mm is hell on Italian tanks). But i won the missions without "cheating" on the HARD setting.

90% :D

For me the ToW series is the best war simolation game.

But there is an historical mistake!!

In the Afrika theatre the italian army never used the pak 38, the pak 40 nor the lieg 75mm.

Why the creators of this wonderful serie have not spent time to built the right guns for the italian army?

I hope in a add-on to repair this furgetfuiness.

Bought it today... love it. I like the maps although i've only seen two they are much more open and flater than the original stock maps. Maybe its historical as in the area. Anyway, I like the italian missions but haven't tried the american campaign yet. Speak my opinion after a few more missions down.