CMAK on a ATI 4200 ( AMD785 G on board ) ...

Scheer

Dear all knowing forum,

I´ve bought an AMD 785 G based motherboard, which has onboardgraphic, an ATI 4200 , running under Winows 7 64 bit professional.

CMAK runs fine, but there is a glitch with the in game text ( labels, etc. ). It´s opaque and mostly not readable.

I´ve installed the lates ATI drivers ( 22.10.09 ) .

Is there a way to fix this ? Do I need the Vista-Cmak-fix ?

This is a known problem with ATI/AMD drivers that has existed for years. The only known fix (even with the latest drivers) is the "Radeon Text Fix" which is described in the this Helpdesk Knowledgebase article:

http://www.battlefront.com/helpdesk/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=119&nav=0,10,7,29

Dear Schrullenhaft,

the "Radeon Text Fix" worked wonderful with my CMAK and CMBB installations.

Many thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried the Radeon Text Fix and I can now see text in the actual game screen (I have a Radeon HD 4870 X2), including the Hot Keys list, etc. However, I am still having problems with the path to the game screen. On the Scenario Selection Screen only the last 4 games are listed, the rest of the list is a blank screen, on the Scenario Briefing Screen the graphics are fine but there is no printing, on the Choose Side Screen the game options are whited out, on the Choose Game Type there is no lettering under the picutes and on the Command Briefing Screen the graphics are fine but there are no words.

I have tried the Radeon Text Fix and I can now see text in the actual game screen (I have a Radeon HD 4870 X2), including the Hot Keys list, etc. However, I am still having problems with the path to the game screen. On the Scenario Selection Screen only the last 4 games are listed, the rest of the list is a blank screen, on the Scenario Briefing Screen the graphics are fine but there is no printing, on the Choose Side Screen the game options are whited out, on the Choose Game Type there is no lettering under the picutes and on the Command Briefing Screen the graphics are fine but there are no words.

I have a similar problem with my 4890/9.10/XP, after playing a PBEM turn, all in game menu text will disappear.

However there is a workaround, if I hit ctrl+alt+del to bring up "task manager", close "task manager" and then go bring CMAK/CMBB back to full screen, all text will reappear. This may work for you.

That is an ATI issue, since the same problem does not exist with NVIDIA cards.

• 2 weeks later...