Windows NT 6.0

meimes

The program calls it self ..."PT_Boats_DX10_RollingDemoSetup"... and asks for Windows NT 6.0 or higher to be installed in XP. I tryed in another machine with Vista basic and it installs but doesn't run anyway.

I saw the film and the photos, but I'd like to try the demo, for the game seems to be very good. I have SH3 and SH4 but I'm tired to run from destroyers so I think there is in the navysimmers comunity a great expection for a game in the line of Destroyer Commander, and this seems to be closer.

Best regards

Walter

there is a demo!!!! is it Russian?

There is an older playable demo. It is Russian.

Here is a link:

http://ru.akella.com/Game.aspx?id=121&mode=demos

Click on this for the file: Морской охотник Демо (1,2 Гб)

To get the program to install you will need to rename the file after you save it as most US systems do not support cyrillic characters. I renamed mine to demo.exe and then executed it to install the software.

To make the in-game options in the GUI display in English to know what graphic and realism options settings are you must change a file.

Find Start.ini in your X:\Program Files\Akella Games\Ìîðñêîé Îõîòíèê folder. Erase what is in there and replace it with the following:

<root>

<locale>EN</locale>

<menu_mission_holder>menu</menu_mission_holder>

<play_intro val="1"/>

</root>

The game will still be in Russain but at least you can see what the settings are.

Also, your crew will not fire their guns in the first (tutorial) mission on their own but they do in all other missions.

Please remember this is an older demo released a number of months before Battlefront got involved.

I hope that helps.

hmmm demo does not want to run under my win7 64 ultimate install. Get to the start campaign button and to the start button there, but seems no mission is chosen and the start button just crashes things. May have to try virtual XP mode in win 7.... but that will still be virtual 64 XP iirc......

this is the first game not to work, but i understand its an old demo