previously unpublished DAK photos!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...local 'ice' coffee...

you talk about the syntetic coffee? i wasnt really into that the last time, i was toying around with the idea but then i went for a jar of honey and a pack of wet shrooms :D

then i took off to zandvoord beach and had some close encounters of the 3rd kind there :D

funny thing is, if i would do that at home, i am verry naughty. if i do it in the netherlands, i am fine :D

about the 2nd point, well i am 26, i am not married and dont plan to get married in the years to come, you want me to still be a virgin with 26? this would be against human nature, wouldnt it?

funny thing is, if i would do that at home, i am verry naughty. if i do it in the netherlands, i am fine :D

about the 2nd point, well i am 26, i am not married and dont plan to get married in the years to come, you want me to still be a virgin with 26? this would be against human nature, wouldnt it?

*pff*. Call yourself a wargamer.

a "ramp" made of wood...

I thought of that. The problem then becomes how do you load all that stuff inside the cars.

...or a pit you drive the bus into and drive the cars onto the top manualy.

That would probably work better. And it would be easier to load the boxes inside the cars. Where do you find that kind of pit in Afghanistan? I don't know; maybe they are all over the place and this is the standard way of moving stuff. But I have yet to hear of it.

i think this is the least problem...but how to get em down on the other end is the question to me :D

I guess just reversing the technique, whatever that is.

btw. a medium fork lift could do this too.

Yes. I wonder how many of those are available to civilians. Of course, it would always be possible to steal one from the invaders. That is a time honored method of acquiring goods, especially during war time.

Michael

I thought of that. The problem then becomes how do you load all that stuff inside the cars.

ah you think in american safty standards :D there are ladders in A-Stan too ;)

Where do you find that kind of pit in Afghanistan?

1 week + 10 man + 10 shovels - about 20 dollars = Pit

again think A-Stan :D

Of course, it would always be possible to steal one from the invaders. That is a time honored method of acquiring goods, especially during war time.

hehe, absolutely, but i wouldnt want to drive of with a 10 Km/h fork lift in the face of possible firepower directed towards you while you "flee".

better ditching out 20 bucks for 10 man and 10 shovels :D

nice one! i imagine the price tag of the remaining T-shirts will go up extremely fast on the blackmarket over there.

and noone can ban you from wearing it at home as civilian.

whats this?

General Order Number 1 from wikipedia:

Since the 2003 invasion of Iraq, the term also refers to a multi-page United States Central Command order that prohibits consumption of alcohol, sexual activities with local and third country nationals, offering food considered forbidden (haraam) under Islam to local nationals, and proselytizing by United States Department of Defense personnel while in a combat zone and certain pre-deployment training activities.

It all makes sense, and there's a good reason behind it, but sometimes it's nice to have a damn drink. And GNO 1 never actually stopped us from drinking, anyway.

ok i see...thats unfortunate, arab daughters can be verry verry beautifull, plus they know thier role in life :D

but what i dont understand is why you must not offer food to the locals...do you guys have only food over there that is considered "dirty" by islalm and would piss off the locals more then help them?

but what i dont understand is why you must not offer food to the locals...do you guys have only food over there that is considered "dirty" by islalm and would piss off the locals more then help them?

For one thing, Moslems are not supposed to eat pork. I don't know about other forbidden foods, but given Western omnivorousness, MREs probably contain some.

Michael

ok i see...thats unfortunate, arab daughters can be verry verry beautifull, plus they know thier role in life :D

Michael got it right. Islam has some restrictions on food, similar to Judaism, and it prevents some well-meaning, but unknowing soldier from offending someone by offering him a great big piece of ham, or something.

And yes, the bit about the women is very unfortunate, but it's just as much for their protection as ours. Arab males tend to be an extremely immature bunch, and consider males and females speaking to each other to constitute sex, or in their words "Freaky freaky". Get soldiers talking to females, and suddenly that female has had "premarital freaky freaky", ruins any chance of a dowry, her family's honor is ruined, and now someone has to just come along and "take care" of her.

For us, the worst thing you can do for unit cohesion is drop a female in the mix. One female shows up and suddenly, brothers who fought and bled together, become bitter rivals over some chick who doesn't even give a ****, but enjoys the entertainment. Nothing gets done, weapons go unclean, the company gets ambushed, and everybody dies. Chaos.

Still, Arab women can be very beautiful, and tend to be 100x more mature than their males. Very sad.

and i thought almost everyone knows that muslims must not eat pork. i mean that a pretty famouse restiction, thats why i wondered why the rule is that universaly worded. i mean giving them rice/noodles/vegies and stuff is/should be absolutely no problem.

and suddenly that female has had "premarital freaky freaky", ruins any chance of a dowry, her family's honor is ruined

absolutely right, i didnt thought bout that in the first place. in the worst case they end up murdered by their own brothers becouse of loss of honor wich is actually quiet common, even in more liberal muslim countrys like turkey.

some places in afrika are still stoneing woman when breaking mariage by haveing sex with someone else then their husband. pretty weird isnt it?

One female shows up and suddenly, brothers who fought and bled together, become bitter rivals over some chick who doesn't even give a ****, but enjoys the entertainment. Nothing gets done, weapons go unclean, the company gets ambushed, and everybody dies. Chaos.

ah yes, good old females, you cant do with em and cant do without them...pretty tricky situation :D