The Peng Hatching Memorial Challenge Thread

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If his monitor is all screwed up, however will he play RISE OF BLIGHT?????
You'll never know you poor lad ... you'll never know the thrill of zooming under a bridge in your Pfalz D3a with a Nieuport 28c on your six and laughing as he flies into the water in a vain attempt to catch you.

Of course you'll never know the thrill of walking over a footbridge and not falling into the water either. Not that you should stop trying, perhaps one day someone won't fish you out.

Joe

Wow. You really had to reach for that one, didn't you? I mean, the segue was really awkward.

You could almost say I'm a little bit embarrassed for you.

The operative word here being of course, "almost".

Like saying, "Joe Shaw, while being a mammal is not quite, but almost, a human".

And even after the additional chromosome count, the chimpanzees are still favored as the close second.

Wow. You really had to reach for that one, didn't you? I mean, the segue was really awkward.

You could almost say I'm a little bit embarrassed for you.

The operative word here being of course, "almost".

Like saying, "Joe Shaw, while being a mammal is not quite, but almost, a human".

And even after the additional chromosome count, the chimpanzees are still favored as the close second.

Oh please, at least show enough decency to just drop the subject entirely and spare yourself further humiliation.

This lame attempt on your part to avoid your embarrassment is not only transparent but entirely ineffective.

Note you lad, that my post linked two bridges and two failed attempts to avoid the water, there was nothing clumsy about it.

Your response, seen above, failed to address the central theme of my post (i.e. that you're an idiot who can't manage to walk across a footbridge without falling in AND that you're an idiot who couldn't pilot a Newport 28c sufficiently to fly under a bridge and not fall in ... indeed it's likely that you would fail to get said Newport off the ground.) But that thesis is one that'll never be tested as you're too frightened to even download the demo of Rise of Flight.

I do feel sorry for you lad, you're better than the above drivel ... not much better to be sure but better. I suspect you've been inhaling too much dust from your grinding wheels or whatever it is that you use to cut your pebbles.

Joe

Ok, looked up Rise of Flight... looks interesting.

However... if you want additional planes to fly, you gotta buy them seperately. This includes such rare and obscure planes as the Albatros D III, SE5, Spad VIII, Fokker Dr.1 and Sopwith Camel (the later two aren't even available yet. This bit o' information had me asking the obvious question... What the ****, over? Kinda makes me wonder what planes actually come with the game. I'm guessin' it'll be some time before they get to the Fokker EIII or the D.H.2

About the same as you winning our battle. Buckleys, and none.

Noba.

You mean the battle you had already played at least once before with Stuka and so knew the disposition, placement, timing and quality of all my troops even before we started the game, Sparky McGamey-Game-Meister?

Is that the battle you're referring to? Is that the one? Is it? IS IT???

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

Sorry. Too much coffee this morning.

Ok, looked up Rise of Flight... looks interesting.

However... if you want additional planes to fly, you gotta buy them seperately. This includes such rare and obscure planes as the Albatros D III, SE5, Spad VIII, Fokker Dr.1 and Sopwith Camel (the later two aren't even available yet. This bit o' information had me asking the obvious question... What the ****, over? Kinda makes me wonder what planes actually come with the game. I'm guessin' it'll be some time before they get to the Fokker EIII or the D.H.2

Yes that is an issue with some people. Personally I don't mind it, the aircraft cost about $7.50 each and that's just not a deal breaker for me. I'm not crazy about it but it's not a deal breaker. The Dr1 and Camel are coming out this week and I'm buying them the minute they show up.

There are other pluses and minuses of course, email or PM me directly since I don't want to violate BFC policy about talking up other games.

I'm enjoying the hell out of it ... YMMV as always. However we already have two former Marines in our group (actually one former and then Wolfp MkII who is currently "serving" ... he's short so there's a pretty serious question as to how much service he's actually providing to the country.)

While we don't have a cutoff limit on Marines I think we should.

Joe

By the Gods... Well, forget that, if Slo Jaw is still around here spouting his drivel, then there can be no Gods, only demons and devils. Of course, pretending to fly a plane with a top speed rated in two digits probably fits Uncle Joe's mental capacity. No wait, he has broken into the three digit speed envelope, but that usually occurs just before an abrupt stop.

Nods to Berli, Boo, Michael, et al.

*sigh* Still no CMx2 WWII theatre...

TTFN

...I don't want to violate BFC policy about talking up other games.

It's a little late to go all squishy and ethical, Mr. Bigmouth Barnstormer, after talking about nothing else all over the forum for the last six months. You might as well have cards printed up and pass them out on the street. Go get a tambourine, why don't you?

Michael

Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me,

I'm not sleepy and there is no place I'm going to.

In the jingle jangle morning I'll come followin' you.

Though I know that evenin's empire has returned into sand,

Vanished from my hand,

Left me blindly here to stand but still not sleeping.

My weariness amazes me, I'm branded on my hooves,

I have no one to meet

And the ancient empty street's too dead for dreaming.

I'm not sleepy and there is no place I'm going to.

In the jingle jangle morning I'll come followin' you.

It's a little late to go all squishy and ethical, Mr. Bigmouth Barnstormer, after talking about nothing else all over the forum for the last six months. You might as well have cards printed up and pass them out on the street. Go get a tambourine, why don't you?

Michael

Not at all Michael, it's all part of my clever plan. As long as I periodically insert caveats regarding the official BFC policy I can always point back to them if and when I'm nabbed by the authorities ... if you can refer to Steve as the authorities ... which you probably can't. Moon's another story, he has a strong streak of the Teutonic in him unless I miss my guess.

Joe

Moon's another story, he has a strong streak of the Teutonic in him unless I miss my guess.

Given that he is from Germany, I'd say that's a pretty safe guess. Luckily for you, since your aim is so bad that normally you couldn't hit one if you were locked inside it.

Michael

You mean the battle you had already played at least once before with Stuka and so knew the disposition, placement, timing and quality of all my troops even before we started the game, Sparky McGamey-Game-Meister?

Is that the battle you're referring to? Is that the one? Is it? IS IT???

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

Sorry. Too much coffee this morning.

Yes, that one... except that - he Piked Out without completing the game. But then you would expect him to do that, he was getting a thrashing as well. Can't stand the heat, obviously...

Of course anyone who plays against you works out an obvious battle plan that works against normal players, and promptly throws that away along with the baby AND the bathwater because he - or she - KNOWS you havn't got a clue. So really, to win all I have to do is move my troops to the flags knowing I will kill anything of yours in the process.

Ces't Le Guerre.

Noba.