The Peng Hatching Memorial Challenge Thread

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you taken control of my webcam... ?

Noba.

See, that's what is wrong with the world. Goobernationals are allowed to transmit their likenesses across the internet along with real people. It's similar to watering down the human gene pool.

See, that's what is wrong with the world. Goobernationals are allowed to transmit their likenesses across the internet along with real people. It's similar to watering down the human gene pool.
Quite right Nidan1, similar but not the same since Goobernationals are, by definition, not people ... there is debate about whether or not they're real.

I'm still not convinced that the Australians have genes since that would imply evolution which, by definition, implies progressive improvement and I think we can all agree that they haven't improved one whit since they were either stranded there by the English government (and who can blame them) or ferried there via crude rafts by their more advanced brethren back in the stone age (and who can blame them).

Joe

p.s. How'd Rise of Flight work out for you?

Quite right Nidan1, similar but not the same since Goobernationals are, by definition, not people ... there is debate about whether or not they're real.

I'm still not convinced that the Australians have genes since that would imply evolution which, by definition, implies progressive improvement and I think we can all agree that they haven't improved one whit since they were either stranded there by the English government (and who can blame them) or ferried there via crude rafts by their more advanced brethren back in the stone age (and who can blame them).

Joe

Evolution is not something that happens overnight, give us time.

Once we get electricity your all going to pay, now I'm going to have to wind up the handle on my computer and give you a good talking to ...you....feckin.........big... [system error].

I'm still not convinced that the Australians have genes since that would imply evolution which, by definition, implies progressive improvement...

Not at all. They could be freaks as a consequence of spontaneous mutation. Sort of like those frogs that were discovered with extra legs growing out of the sides of their heads. And like the frogs, it could be a result of environmental factors. Everything in Australia is weird, the humanoids just more so.

Michael

...it would also eliminate all the furry and freaky animal species that we have come to know and love.

Are you kidding? Everything down there is maniacally vicious and murderous. As soon as they spot you, they try to kill and eat you. They'll try to kill you even if they don't want to eat you. It's worse than Africa, where at least the animals have a little dignity. You'd want a Tasmanian Devil for a pet? No thanks. It's even worse than South America. The animals there may be deadly, but they are also exotic and beautiful. Piranhas excepted of course. There is nothing beautiful about a piranha. They are handy for getting rid of troublesome in-laws though. Everything in Australia is psychopathic.

Michael

True. Don't we have enough nukes to sterilize the entire continent? And wouldn't that be better than just having them sitting around like expensive white elephants?

Michael

And it wouldn't even have to be the whole continent which, to be fair, is bloody huge. I mean 97.3%* of it is a sun blasted, withered wilderness that no sane person would live in ... which, I suppose, is why Australians live there.

We'd really only have to nuke three or four cities on the coastline and we'd have the marsupial lion's share of it done.

I've said it many times, the Great Barrier Reef isn't to keep people out ... it's to keep Australians IN.

Joe

* Figures verified through the Official Reference Work of the Peng Challenge Thread, Wikipedia ... and other stuff that I made up.

Are you kidding? Everything down there is maniacally vicious and murderous. As soon as they spot you, they try to kill and eat you. They'll try to kill you even if they don't want to eat you. It's worse than Africa, where at least the animals have a little dignity. You'd want a Tasmanian Devil for a pet? No thanks. It's even worse than South America. The animals there may be deadly, but they are also exotic and beautiful. Piranhas excepted of course. There is nothing beautiful about a piranha. They are handy for getting rid of troublesome in-laws though. Everything in Australia is psychopathic.

Michael

You're correct Michael, why they have the Tai Pan down there, the only snake that will absolutely hunt you down and chase you for another bite. And the deadliest snake on the continent? The COMMON Brown Snake ... COMMON ...

"Wot ya got there Digger ... a snake is it then?"

"Right you are mate, but it's just a common brown."

And don't get me started on the platypus which has a venomous barb on ONE of it's HIND feet.

It's the land that Darwin forgot ... if he'd visited there before he got to the Galapagos Islands he'd have thrown up his hands and taken up chess.

Joe

I read last year that Tasmanian Devils are dying off due to cancer of the muzzle. This might not be viewed as necessarily a bad thing on account of their general reputation, but it did puzzle scientists who were then able to land a huge grant to study the problem. Turns out the cancer is caused by a virus that spreads from animal to animal by biting. Now get that: Tasmanian Devils attack their own kind! It just goes to show how demented they are. What other animal engages in such anti-social and irresponsible behavior? Shocking!

Michael

Joe

So, Joe, are you Rise of Flight's official pimp? Do you get to wear a big purple crushed velvet floppy hat?

And does it have a chin strap for when you're barn storming?

So, Joe, are you Rise of Flight's official pimp? Do you get to wear a big purple crushed velvet floppy hat?

And does it have a chin strap for when you're barn storming?

I was merely asking a question about his experience with a new sim that is clearly beyond your capabilities to either run on your Tandy 1000 or play if you could run it.

Jealousy ill becomes you ... but then pretty much anything ill becomes you.

Joe

Back in '73, I went on a hiking/photo shoot with a buddy of mine when we both were students at Ohio U. It was early summer, right before the end of the school year and we knew this was the last time we'd be there for a few months.

Sounds like the pitch for a gay movie script.

Did any studio show even the slightest interest in your little project Boo?

I guess Brokeback Mountain stole your thunder huh?

Well it doesn't work very well then does it? Perhaps it was designed by Amurikuns?

What they are missing in all this misguided nonsense, is that the Pom's's off-loaded their first load of unwanted persons to America. Of course, they then realised that Australia was their's for the taking if they could just beat the French and Dutch. AND, Of course, they needed a fleet really quick - so they had these hulks laying around with a ready made crew - chucked on a few sails and beat the French (again).

Noba.