The Peng Hatching Memorial Challenge Thread

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Washington is cool. It has mountains and volcanos and rain forest.

Ohio has................Lake Erie.

Don't forget, Ohio has pollution, overcrowding, bad traffic, Akron and Dayton. I'm surprised that Hollywood hasn't hit on it as a perfect location for shooting disaster movies. But then, Hollywood always shrinks from "too much" realism.

Michael

Now, now lads ... Ohio is the perfect place for some people. The very name of the state so aptly describes the mental state of some of it's inhabitants ... like Boo Radley. Consider the following typical conversation with him:

You: Hi Boo.

Him: Oh ... Hi ... Oh.

Joe

And only until Niagara Falls erodes back to the Lake, then the whole thing will empty out with a rush.

And Ohio will be left with..........Boo.

Lost to Boo. But in my defence the scenario was unbalanced as they come. His crack tanks outnumbered my green one 10:1. Plus I had to navigate through rocky, marshy terrain while he had an express way to the high ground and the flags.

May the gods piss on the head of that gamey bastiche!

Lost to Boo. But in my defence the scenario was unbalanced as they come. His crack tanks outnumbered my green one 10:1. Plus I had to navigate through rocky, marshy terrain while he had an express way to the high ground and the flags.

May the gods piss on the head of that gamey bastiche!

It was a beautiful thing. Early on in the game, Stikky was boasting about how long it was taking him to count all my dead armor (Because apparently counting to 12 really taxes all four of his operational braincells) and at the end of the game I had knocked out all 479 of his tanks, trucks, halftracks, cannon, submarines and Transformers , while all my armor was still operational, plus the twelve he had originally knocked out which had healed themselves thanks to all the power ups I had accumulated.

He never had a chance.

And the Hocking Hills. They're totally amazing. I've been there several times, on many different chemicals and even quite sober. A fantastic place. Doesn't seem like Ohio at all. Even totally straight, it was a trip. Anyone who lives in Ohio, or even nearby, who hasn't been to the Hocking Hills is a pissed-on bathroom rug who isn't in there pitching. I mean, I've seen a lot of Ohio. Most of it looks like Indiana. And Indiana looks like Ohio. And both of them look duller than Iowa. Duller than Iowa. Except that both Indiana and Ohio are filled with Indianans and Ohioans, which makes Iowa look like New Orleans during Mardi Gras. Ohio alone is like the poster child for 'American Obesity'.

Not Boo, of course. He's my large, thuggish henchman. But large in a 'good way'. Muscular. Maybe a little slack. Just gone off his wrestling weight. But hey, I'm 40 pounds overweight myself. And short. I could do tourism commercials for Ohio. "Come to Ohio, the land of the short, fat Ubergnome!". We could drink some Iron City beers, or Rolling Rocks. Maybe head down to the Hocking Hills.

I'd like to live long enough to go hiking the Hocking Hills with Boo. Maybe paddle Lake Erie. I understand the fish-kill is so under control, that Spring on Lake Erie is like...Spring.

Lake Eire - 210 ft deep.

Lake Superior - 1332 ft deep.

Plenty of water will be left in Superior to help scrub out the Boo stain near Eire.

As the gods are my witness, Lars, could you have been more drunk when you posted/spelled this?

Or were you talking about Ireland?

Smile for the wife, fella, and do the same. C'mon! Give her a wink and a nudge, and think about when you were young!

You mean pimply, awkward, and (justifiably) shy with girls? When the good looking ones wouldn't even talk to him (they still don't)? When out of desperation he managed to scrape together ten dollars from bagging groceries and delivering papers and bought his first case of the drip?

Good times, eh?

Michael

I'd like to live long enough to go hiking the Hocking Hills with Boo.

Back in '73, I went on a hiking/photo shoot with a buddy of mine when we both were students at Ohio U. It was early summer, right before the end of the school year and we knew this was the last time we'd be there for a few months.

It was a good time.

Until we were crossing this ridge and a couple of Air Force fighter jets flew over. Real close. REAL FECKING CLOSE OVERHEAD!!!

I turned to follow their progress, snapping away with my trusty Nikon FTN, and as they screamed out of site, I turned to my friend saying, "Holy sh*t! That was f*cking awesome, man!" (It was the 70's, remember. We talked like that) And he was nowhere to be seen.

I said, "Mark? Hey... Mark? Uhhh, you around, man?" And slowly, from behind a clump of bushes, Mark stood up. He looked to where the two jets had disappeared and said, "F*cking Air Force. You can't trust those bastards."

Mark was a Viet Nam vet who had had some run ins with close air support which was... too damn close more than once.

But that's not what I wanted to talk about this evening. What I wanted to talk about was the fact that when I got home, there was a message on the machine and it consisted of a small gnome... singing to me.

All I can say is that I think an intervention is called for. Lars? Please gather up dalem and Papa Khan, go over the Seanachai's, wrestle him to the floor (remember to wear your Haz-Mat suits), duct tape him... oh, hell... all over, and toss him in the closet.

Don't do it for me. Don't do it for yourselves (Well, OK, you can do it for yourselves a little bit), but do it for humanity.

Yes, mate, but like the Phoenix, I always rise again from the wreckage.

Smile for the wife, fella, and do the same. C'mon! Give her a wink and a nudge, and think about when you were young!

Unlike you, I don't seem to have wreckage. Anyway, She is out shopping so no luck there, I'm afraid...

Wait, is that the garage door... ? Sorry, have to go......

Noba.