The Peng Hatching Memorial Challenge Thread

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always nice to see you around, Berli (well, actually you are a miserable bummer and a drip, but I am far too polite to say so), but aren't you being a little beforehand in announcing a new PCT? There is one still active (if you discount the somnolent pace of posting these days (as well as the lackadaisical content (my own posts excepted of course))) with 48 slots left to go. I suppose that as an Olde One you will claim droit de seigneur or something of the sort, but we all know that's a lot of balls, don't we. Nice set of rules though. Brought a nostalgic tear to my eye. Or maybe that was because of the onion I sliced a little ago.

Michael

Rules? You call those rules? They are a travesty and ... and ... welll I've forgotten what else they're called but that's what they are and no error.

Oh ... happy Pod Day Peng ... many happy returns.

This is the day you try to return your underwear to the store for a refund isn't it? The ones you've been wearing all year that is.

Joe

Ah, that one, very special day of the year, when I stop everything else I'm doing to contemplate the birth of MrPeng. I spend 6 hours, minimum, sitting in meditation upon the Miracle that is Peng, and that led to all this.

Then, generally speaking, I get completely sh*t-faced. I'm talking totally legless, here. The kind of drunkenness that either results in death, or a moment of perfect clarity so intense that it is almost impossible to retain the depth, the poignancy and the beauty. I walked today through a beautiful marsh and woodland park, contemplating Peng.

And now, after several hours of 'carpet drinking', which makes the bombing of Dresden look like the home improvement equivalent of 'changing out the hardware on the cabinets', I've suddenly realized the point of it all. I can see the pattern, as perfect and unique as a snowflake, of the Peng Challenge Thread. I understand why...why... EVERYTHING.

Who came to post, what it all meant, I now, totally understand. It's all so simple, listen, the point is —

But if we put a star on that, he looks just like a little Christmas tree.
If you can imagine a drunken Christmas tree lurching down the street screeching Celtic poetry at the top of it's voice ... then maybe so.

You celebrate Christmas differently in Ohio don't you.

Joe

That might have something to do with there being no natural lakes in Ohio. It gives the whole state an air of...unnaturalness.

Michael

Umm... ever heard of Lake Erie, Capt. Geography? You know... one of the Great Lakes? Shirley you've heard of them. Largest concentration of fresh water in the world? Or is the whole concept of "fresh" completely lost on someone as old and odoriferous as you?

Yes, and I would point out that it is not in Ohio, Mr. Smarty Pants. I wish you better luck with your next set of eyeglasses.

Michael

Actually, since the southern islands in the lake are part of Ohio, then yes, Lake Erie is indeed in Ohio. It's also in Canada. And Pennsylvania. And New York State. And Michigan.

Nice try, though. Are you patterning your nit-pickiness after Shaw or are you just doing an homage to The Anal Retentive chef?

Actually, since the southern islands in the lake are part of Ohio, then yes, Lake Erie is indeed in Ohio. It's also in Canada. And Pennsylvania. And New York State. And Michigan.

Nice try, though. Are you patterning your nit-pickiness after Shaw or are you just doing an homage to The Anal Retentive chef?

An anally rententive chef has to be better than the alternative. At least, I'm certain I wouldn't want to eat at the restaurants you patronise, Boo.

Actually, since the southern islands in the lake are part of Ohio, then yes, Lake Erie is indeed in Ohio.

As usual, you've got it wrong. Ohio is in Lake Erie.

Are you patterning your nit-pickiness after Shaw or are you just doing an homage to The Anal Retentive chef?

Look who's talking. Anyway, there are many things contributing to Ohio's unnaturalness. The only thing that could be worse is Australia where everything is weird and unnatural.

Michael