Couple of thoughts on the game

BRO,JD

Thanks Brit; I appreciate the reply. I understand what your saying, but do hope you are able to incorporate the extra level of decision making.

Last night I had a battleship sail into an undefended food resourse and disappear from the map. The area is the five point food resource immediately SE of Chittagong. It is a bit of a Bermuda Triangle as both the AI and myself have lost ships there after successful combats as I explained above. This time however there was no combat animation. The battleship just sailed in and vanished with no change in possession of the resource.

I considered the possibility of a submarine, but I assume there would be an explosion or something to indicate that. Also, I don't believe the enemy in this case has built any subs. I took the resource without further incident a few turns later with an empty transport.

The ship showed up as sunk in the turn recap, but I think there is an infrequent bug at work during captures. Of course it could be my copy of the demo has corrupted or something. I am somewhat dismayed nobody else is experiencing the issue.

Thanks for all your hard work. I like some of the UI changes in particular. The game keeps getting better and has that one more turn quality to it.

Thanks Brit; I appreciate the reply. I understand what your saying, but do hope you are able to incorporate the extra level of decision making.

Yes, I'd like to fix that.

Last night I had a battleship sail into an undefended food resourse and disappear from the map. The area is the five point food resource immediately SE of Chittagong. It is a bit of a Bermuda Triangle as both the AI and myself have lost ships there after successful combats as I explained above. This time however there was no combat animation. The battleship just sailed in and vanished with no change in possession of the resource.

I considered the possibility of a submarine, but I assume there would be an explosion or something to indicate that. Also, I don't believe the enemy in this case has built any subs. I took the resource without further incident a few turns later with an empty transport.

The ship showed up as sunk in the turn recap, but I think there is an infrequent bug at work during captures. Of course it could be my copy of the demo has corrupted or something. I am somewhat dismayed nobody else is experiencing the issue.

Thanks for all your hard work. I like some of the UI changes in particular. The game keeps getting better and has that one more turn quality to it.

I'll try to repeat the problem. Also, if you have any saved-games (maybe an autosave) that you can send me, it will contain the turn-replay information. I'll also be able to see if there was an enemy unit in the area, although a Battleship would take several hits before being sunk, so that doesn't seem likely. I sent you a private message containing the email address where you should send the file, if you still have it.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I just noticed it. It appears that transports will alter course and attack warships when they sight them if you have artillery on the transport that is set to attack all enemies. This is of course warships you are at war with.

Unknown if the same happens when passing shore units or if other transported units ie tanks cause the same behavior. It would seem to be a much better arrangement to have the transport operate independently and have the ground units become inert while being transported.

Also unknown if this occurs with air transports.

May I suggest another level of autosave at least for the beta while we are figuring some of this out. An autosave that holds for three or five turns as well as the current one. I would have liked to go back and experiment with this but the autosave is as the turn ended and the transport is gone after attacking a destroyer.

Brit, I saved this autosave file in another folder if you need to look at the unfortunate decision of my transport captain.