Any Bones For NATO

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piecekeeper,

Even though i doubt that a NATO force would go into a desert battle, in a full scale war, without desert camo....i really like the woodland camo.

Heh... check out pics of Gulf War 1 and the initial phase of OIF. Plenty of Woodland camo going on :) Also, look around your nearest National Guard motorpool someday. You might see some desert looking vehicles even if you're in Chicago ;)

Steve

After the vehicles have been driving on dusty roads for a few hundred miles, you're lucky if you're able to guess what colour paint is underneath. Plus terrain tends to be varied, ie. it's not only desert in Iraq or Syria, there are coniferous mountains, farmland and lush river valleys (Tigris and Euphrates). And cities. Finally, if you know you're going to have total air supremacy and the enemy doesn't have spy satellites, why bother? You could paint them bright red and the enemy still wouldn't know your deployments or be able to hit them. In the battlefield they'll get noticed anyway because they're driving around killing people.

In the fine tradition of being offered an inch and taking a mile, when are we going to see a CM:SF 2 bone?

Come on, Battlefront. Don't make me whine! You'll regret it! :D

Back on topic, I've never really had much of an interest in German kit, hopefully this module will change that. On the off chance that it doesn't, of course, I can always hope that someone mods in the Spanish.

• 3 weeks later...

this vid shows pretty nicely what ammo types the CV9040 in that example, should/can have. and what the 3P ammo is all about.

since this is, as far as i know, still build on the basic 40mm/L70 bofors AA gun that is around a long time(although they say "latest version" in the vid), the vehicles still got a 8 shot magazine, so you can fire 8 and then you need to reload, then fire 8 again. this is quiet a huge drawback but i guess its what you take for a gun like this in a IFV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKdwuOxYRI4

pretty impressive, at least in a "test". i hope the vehicle TAC AI will be up to the task in the game, to select between KE, HE-T and the 6 different sorts of programmin options for the 3P ammo. at least programmable ammo is unique to all vehicles in CMSF so far.

or will the CV9035 only have the HE-T and KE ammo?

• 2 weeks later...

I've thought that this thread should steal part of the limelight again... A NATO module lil' bone from BFC on the next weeks would be nice (wink, wink).

Meanwhile, I make a wish: to see the Mercedes-Benz G-Class included. We have already seen the heavy warhorses, but what about the light armoured vehicles? In fact, MB G-Class variants can be found (among many others) in the Canadian Army, the German Army (under the name "Wolf"), the Dutch Army and the U.S. Marine Corps. Some pics:

Two G-Wagons of the Canadian Army:

CanadianForcesG-Wagons.jpg

A "Wolf" of the German Army in Afghanistan:

BundeswehrMBG-ClassWolf.jpg

Another German G-Class model: the Mercedes-Benz 250 GD kurz:

BundeswehrMB250GDWolfkurz.jpg

In the Royal Dutch Army (the W461 290GD in WMIK-style):

RoyalDutchArmyMBG-Class.jpg

And what about the U.S. Marine Corps Interim Fast Attack Vehicle (IFAV) for some Weapons Company?:

USMCIFAV.jpg

It may be too late for your wish. However even if it isn't too late, the criteria Battlefront uses for inclusion of a vehicle is is it used by front line units? Counter insurgency doesn't count. I don't know if your particular vehicle meets that criteria or not. Nice photos though.