Any Bones For NATO

I too am a world war 2 buff and have loads of WW2 games to testify to this fact however I also like the modern stuff and as evidence by the NATO thread alot of you guys like it as well. So as the Normandy bone is now out of the way and now been completely discussed, is there any chance for any info regarding the NATO module?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, AFAIK implementing a new QB system would quite likely involve rebuilding/restructuring ALL of the OOB's in the game. Which would then require rebuilding all previous scenarios/campaigns. Not a small feat!! Therefore it's best to save something that dramatic for a completely new title.

Will the YPR have appliqué armour? And how will it co-exist in CMSF with the CV9035, given that the latter hasn't even seen service in Afghanistan yet? Not CV90s all over the place just because they are sexier, I hope?

The A1 designation is to my knowledge not used much, as it tells you nothing about the vehicle except it got (marginally) upgraded. A1 could be any kind of flavour of YPR. In this case it'd be a PRI or a PRCO-B.

Will the YPR model receive further attention? The access hole in the front armour bulge is missing, as are the smoke launchers. Something else is bugging me too, though I can't quite put my finger on it. The whole looks slightly odd. Hard to tell from one poorly lit screenshot but is it not a little high on it's tracks?

Anyway, glad it made it in.

For those of us not exactly in the know, would one of you lads kindly describe each vehicle and the nation it fights for?

I know the Coyote and the Leopard 2A6 fight with the Canuckians . . . and I see some German symbols, but . . .

Any help appreciated!

Gpig

After a quick google, the CV9035 is operated by Denmark and Holland.

Nice pictures!

Edit to add: hey, with the LAV III it'll become possible to mod one for the NZ army!

wn04009714tn.jpg

Look here's one stuck in a rabbit hole!

And according to this, Egypt is planning to buy the Netherland's ypr-765s as they are replaced by the CV9035, so perhaps elements of another Middle-eastern country may be possible (yeah yeah to a limited extent, before some Egypt army grog jumps on me pointing out irrevocable differences, blah blah blah).

For those of us not exactly in the know, would one of you lads kindly describe each vehicle and the nation it fights for?

This is an initial set of vehicles images, but definitely not the complete list. Like others mentioned some of the vehicles are also used by other nations which will allow for some interesting mods! ;)

In the order of the pictures:

CV9035 - Netherlands

Coyote - Canada

Fennek - Germany, Netherlands

Lav3 - Canada

Leo2 A6 - Desert cammou and bar armor - Canada. Thinking about having all Canadian vehicles in desert cammou. If this happens then flat green should be included as a *bonus*.

Leo2 A6 - Germany and Netherlands (probably all green)

Marder - Germany

YPR - Netherlands

The YPR might get other(s) variant(s) other than the PRI.

As for the model, it was done to specs. I guess the screen was taken from a lower angle which makes it look a bit funny and too tall. But I´ll give it another look just in case! ;)

I can´t comment on how the CV9035 will be placed in the TO&E since we are still working on it. But if you guys think it doesn´t fit we can leave it out of the module, no problem! :D

As for red stuff, I´m optimistic. :rolleyes:

As for the model, it was done to specs. I guess the screen was taken from a lower angle which makes it look a bit funny and too tall. But I´ll give it another look just in case! ;)

Better give us more screenshots, just to be on the safe side. :D It's probably nothing, just the screenshot, not the model.

I can´t comment on how the CV9035 will be placed in the TO&E since we are still working on it. But if you guys think it doesn´t fit we can leave it out of the module, no problem! :D

Are you trying to get me killed?! ;)

PRI Afghanistan Pimp My Ride edition.

yprapp.jpg

NO! If you show it, you have to include it! No more Tum Snatch disappearing vehicles. :)

Better give us more screenshots, just to be on the safe side. :D It's probably nothing, just the screenshot, not the model.

Are you trying to get me killed?! ;)

PRI Afghanistan Pimp My Ride edition.

This sure looks like an upgraded version. Better armor on the front and ERA on the sides. I´d be interested in whatever references you have of this upgrade, images specially but also data.

If you could send it to my email it would be really great.

cassio@battlefront.com

We all want this guys to be perfect! ;)

-

CV9035 is a keeper. Will the Coyote and Fennek be able to deploy their mast-mounted sensors?

Can the current Brit artillery support Warrior employ its mast mounted sensors? I hate to say it, but at this point in time anything that doesn't have a direct WWII application has a substantially lower likelihood of being implimented. I say this because Charles has this nasty habit of always proving me wrong ;)