CMSF Walkthrough

tyrspawn

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange, when I played this mission (Ash Shammas), all enemy infantry was located in houses, and from it a mission was very difficult. And in this kind enemies gladly go for a walk on fresh air, put under a fire.

Yeah, same here the first time I played it. The mission is quite random, I have played it three times and every time it was different.

Damn Tyrspawn, I don't know if it's you, the improvements to the game engine, or both, but after watching your vids, I fired up the game and played in RT as opposed to WEGO, and was having an absolute blast. Thanks for showing me how the game should be played.

BFC: you should give this guy a copy of Normandy as soon as it's playable and get him to do videos, can't think of a better advertisement!

Gotta love this forum....

Cheers

Damn Tyrspawn, I don't know if it's you, the improvements to the game engine, or both, but after watching your vids, I fired up the game and played in RT as opposed to WEGO, and was having an absolute blast. Thanks for showing me how the game should be played.

BFC: you should give this guy a copy of Normandy as soon as it's playable and get him to do videos, can't think of a better advertisement!

Gotta love this forum....

Cheers

Thanks for the vote of confidence, glad I could reveal another aspect of the game! ^_^

Oh and I totally support this poster's suggestion about Normandy... or at the very least you could let me edit my first post to include links to all the vids ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

So I played a few missions in the british campaign before recording them ,just to get a handle on the british vehicles and units. I just finished Crossroads. Holy ****, intense level, probably one of the funnest in the series. Huge ass armor battle ftw! Will start posting walkthroughs soon.

P.S. I was really confused about the 1st level - the 4 man sections. Is that supposed to be a recon company or something? I'm not sure what the scenario designer expected the player to do with that, since they cant properly assault, and the only vics with HE weapons have a limited ammo supply (30 rounds). When I was just about to finish the level, with higher casualties than usual, a company of engineer arrives with proper sized sections. WTF?

Also is it just me or does the British artillery appear more powerful? I was able to completely level the barracks using a linear fire mission with general ammunition, to the foundation!

Also I played the first 2 marine missions, just to see what was up. What is with the huge sections? Those are more like platoons.

tyrspawn,

Glad to see you've bought the Marines and British modules. I've watched some of your walkthroughs and really enjoyed them so I'm looking forward to seeing the same done for the Brits and Marines.

Regarding the first Brits campaign mission, I think the scenario designer's concept was to present the player with a task for which he is deliberately under-resourced. I live in the UK and one of the big on-going stories right now is whether or not our troops in Afghanistan have enough men and equipment for the tasks they are being asked to do. If you approach the mission from that point of view - i.e. a "make do" battle - then I think you'll do it justice.

I knew the temperament of your walkthroughs would change when you discovered the new modules.

-Pv-

how so? :)

P.s. steiner: Don't think so. It said in the campaign briefing that the 4 SCOTS were being equipped with the best equipment and men available because the campaign in Syria was being used by PR purposes. Also keep in mind that during the penetration phase of an attack ("schwerpunk"/main effort etc), subpar troops are never used. I think they were supposed to represent a recon platoon, I just have never seen that type of formation before and I was agitated by the long delay between them and the other companies arriving.

P.s. steiner: Don't think so. It said in the campaign briefing that the 4 SCOTS were being equipped with the best equipment and men available because the campaign in Syria was being used by PR purposes. Also keep in mind that during the penetration phase of an attack ("schwerpunk"/main effort etc), subpar troops are never used. I think they were supposed to represent a recon platoon, I just have never seen that type of formation before and I was agitated by the long delay between them and the other companies arriving.

I believe the campaign briefing says they have the best equipment available, not that they have sufficient equipment (or men). There is a difference.

What makes you think that first battle represents the ME? IIRC, the briefing mentions that the main manoeuvre forces are swinging wide through the desert, while the little force in this battle was cobbled together and tasked with clearing the border crossing.

As I recall, the campaign briefings usually indicate exactly what forces you have available, and gives a pretty good - albeit not exact - indication of when any reinforcements can be expected.

BTW, one should never use the word 'never' when referring to what military forces do and don't do on operations ;)

Regards

Jon