no launch

drrowley

tried installing on an XP computer, vista home laptop and a vista pro computer. on the vista computers, clicking desktop icon, nothing happens: although there is alot of disk activity. on the xp, i get start screen, but when clicking trial, another screen flickers pass and then nothing.

in the pass, i have tried several CMxx demos on these computers with no issues. the vista pro and xp have CMAK installed, seemingly with no issues.

missing something:confused:

Do you see the eLicense window where you click on "Trial"?

Do you have full admin rights set on your Vista PCs? Right-click on the program, choose "Run as administrator" from the Properties dialog.

Do you have any aggressive anti-virus software running that may be blocking the execution of the program?

vista '... administrator' works on the laptop, will try pro tonight.

xp: 'eLicense window'? in lower left corner? yes it is there.

now, this computer, has run nearly all of battlefront demo's, except

SC2 and eos; this computer has sound driver issues (doesn't work) and sc2 aborts when it can't find a sound driver. could this be a problem for eos?

this computer has only xp firewall.

dave

nope.

also, was starting eos from explorer and thats when task manager would show eos all ways running. if i launch it from start:run:...eos, it still does same thing, i hit 'trial', the intro picture flickers on/off the screen, but now, eos disappears from the task manager window.