Suggestions

Boris Balaban

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more tiny thing

The "reminders" list is a little unhandy. Units are in seemingly random order and clicking on them doesn't mark which unit you clicked. When you're going through that list you often don't know which units you have already checked.

Say, you have a list "cruiser, infantry, inf, inf, cr, inf, inf, arty, inf, cr, ...". You select an infantry unit and decide it should stay as it is. You look back at the list and you don't know which unit you've just checked. Sure, when you check one unit you can remember which one it was, when you check dozens of them every turn, it gets unnecessarily confusing.

I suggest that selecting a unit causes it to be somehow indicated, for example with a simple red boundary around it:

likethat.jpg

or by greying it out or something.

I would like to see some enhancement options for resources like barracks in cities. Mines for gold and iron, farms for food on land, off-shore oil platforms etc. They should give a production + defense bonus according to build level and should be vulnerable of course. Maybe no enhancement for fish. For fish a extra trawler class that you have to develop so that you actually have to go and 'farm' it. Should be very profitable.

Maybe little sight radius bonus for infantry on mountains.

Tree-burst bonus for arty against not entrenched infantry in woods.

You don't have to repeat yourself Smaragdadler. This forum sees ten new posts each day, Brit can easily read through all of them without you posting the same feedback in each active thread ;).

Another tiny tweak from me: the turn number is visible only in the messages window (upgrades, orders, research...).

When you click the second tab, select Foreign Relations and you want to offer some timed agreement (like a non-aggression pact until turn XYZ) you realize the turn number is nowhere to be seen on the game screen. You have to use the [v] button and see what the minimal deadline value is to figure out the current turn number ;p.

I think it would be cool to have the current turn number visible on or right next to the "Submit Orders" button.

Hi Brit -

Just a couple of things, apologies if this has aleady been mentioned. When I restore a saved game it doesn't retain my game speed preference. I've been playing at x5 but after a restore it's set to x1 and it takes me a few seconds of the first turn to realize it's been set back. Nit-picky, I know.

After an upgrade event it seems that all those upgraded units require new orders. I have sentried a couple dozen infantry in my cities for defense and as I upgrade them through the tech levels I have to click each one again to remove them from the 'needs orders' list. Can we have a sentried unit ignored for orders after an upgrade?

Otherwise, having a blast so far with the demo.

observation: cruisers need a ship yard, but the bigger boys don't?

shouldn't there be a building charge for switching production:

(prior 'empires' called it a 'tooling' charge).

I'll check on that. Larger ships should require a shipyard, too. If they don't then that's a bug in the rules.

rich yep. your option list is getting pretty large. i do admit, i too like customizable games.

brit: i have two games going, one on laptop, one on main. both show cruisers grayed out, where big boys aren't.

btw: in your announcement, you talk about air transports. i couldn't find air transports in my research list on either game. where are they suppose to be listed?

thx dave

btw: in your announcement, you talk about air transports. i couldn't find air transports in my research list on either game. where are they suppose to be listed?

thx dave

You have to research tactical bombers, then strategic bombers, and "Transport Airplane" should appear. It's a little bit into the game before you get access to them.

It would make it much easier to move units if you could tell cites that when they finish building what they are building... then to forward that to a place or another city that you select.

that would make it so much easier than clicking and doing it every time a until is built.

just my 2 cents. :)

Koji

1) A hotkey that centers the screen on current unit (if that doesn't exists already). That would lessen the need to scroll around.

2) A hotkey for zoom-in/zoom-out. Laptops seldom have the mouse 'wheel' and the zoom functionaly in the menu seems only to zoom-out (and then back to normal).

3) Please add 'Finland' and the Finnish flag to the list of opponents.

Btw, awesome game! Except that it makes you sleep less ;)

>> Dzeijay <<

"observation: cruisers need a ship yard, but the bigger boys don't?"

I noticed this too. Also, I can't seem to upgrade my transports from one to two. I have shipyards and the menu to the left indicates they need upgrades. I have the cash required but when I move them into the city and hit the upgrade icon nothing happens.

Enjoying playing the demo by the way. Looking forward to the full version.

just a little thing i noticed: the game shows you remaining times (e.g. finished round 56) with round numbers even when you selected date-format round counting, it would be nice to see the finishing date in this case.

at all i like the general game ui and found many little things that really helped playing. Maybe some tech/build times needs to be tweaked, but great game overall!

observation: cruisers need a ship yard, but the bigger boys don't

I tried check on this one. It looks to me like the dreadnought doesn't need a shipyard (that's a bug: it should), but the battleship and carrier need a shipyard. Is that what you were seeing?

I tried check on this one. It looks to me like the dreadnought doesn't need a shipyard (that's a bug: it should), but the battleship and carrier need a shipyard. Is that what you were seeing?

Yes, the dreadnought doesn't need a shipyard, but battleship and carrier need.

Easier scrolling and zooming with the map -- using just the mouse, without having to move the bars at the sides -- such as by using a grab with the mouse button and moving the map.

Also, more information for all of the keys when you mouse-over them.

Easier scrolling and zooming with the map -- using just the mouse, without having to move the bars at the sides -- such as by using a grab with the mouse button and moving the map.

This is in now, use the scroll wheel button (as in push down click Button 3 on mouse.)

Can also be reversed to "grab" in the preferences section.