[Tips for BF] Yes We Can! Change You Can Believe In

1) Change the values of cities, their supply, and their importance somehow. Cities are what right now? They are either 5 or 10. REALLY lame. I would consider cities of 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, and even 20. By doing this, the map, the game, and the feel would become more real. Seriously, when I look at your screen shots, I see a map made by a 3rd grader. Cities just 5 or 10, lame, once again.

Make Berlin, Tokyo, Moscow, Stalingrad, Lennigrad, Chicago, and London worth 20.

Make Paris worth 15.

Make the Suez Canal, Singapore, Chinese Capital worth 12.

Make Phillipines Manilla worth 10.

Siciliy should have an 8.

Some of the ****bird cities should only be a 3.

Think about this. Because if you keep cities only 5 or 10, then the Victory Conditions will dictate what is important. Where as in reality, major cities need to be made important.

2) Partisans need changed. Their supply is totally lame. Their visiblity is really lame. Where they appear is really lame. Redesign it. Right now, it's like a 4th grader programmed how they work. Make them have a "silent mode", just like subs. Partisans can dissapear & NOT capture territory !!! A real frickin surprise if these pricks are going undetected. Change you can believe in.

3) For the love of computer memory which is cheap: Get some more music. Think Chessmaster 5000 from back in 1990's. You could pick from 25+ sets of music. So can you guys. Change you can believe in.

4) Take your time making the maps. Don't put a rush job on the Atlantic Ocean. Do something new than just one lame-O redline for US supply to the allies. How about multiple lines? How about allowing the Allies to move the supply routes a little? It can't be that hard with all the development minds on a lineage product. Change you can believe in.

Surprise us with New features:

A) Add a message system with in PBEM for smacktalk. Example: I just captured or did something cool. I want to send my opponent a pop-up message like: "How you like that, bitch? Dont' ever send your armor to South Russia without airsupport."

B) Consider more modes for the defender. Yes, it is a turn-based game, but how about allowing the defender to put his units in different modes like the planes? Let ground units have modes such as: Stand or Die, Standard, Skirmish, Run Like Hell.

C) Add a sleep key for units. I'm sick of seeing flashing bleeps on the map for my Berlin garrison or some loser on an island.

D) Can you change Naval combat a little bit in the Pacific? Make modes for the ships "Stand or Die", "Patrol", "Scout", "Run Like Hell". Seriously, right now, it's like a big pile of turds fighting each other in the toilet bowl. If you want to repackage your game, then don't do anything. If you care and want a classic, make a few changes in the Water for ships & their combat.

E) Ever consider changing the combat resolution methods? Show the rolls !!!!! That would build up some suspense. Right now it shows 1-2, with +1/-1 on the roll, what 33% of the time? BORING! How about a fricking super ass lucky chance of like 2% of blowing the enemy away! Didn't the British Hood get asscracked with a lucky shot? Didn't the Arizona get its cap snapped backwards with a critical hit. Think Dungeon's & Dragons "critical hits' this would be fricking cool. MAKE A NEW COMBAT RESOLUTION COMBAT CHART that has some whammies for real luck! 5% in Russian cities that sniper fire does extra 20% morale damage to Nazis! With a pop-up for that Vladdy sniper dude! Add a luck factor for many historical events, such as "Yanks hear of murder at Malmadey, retreat factors for morale +15 for next turn". BOTTOM LINE: Do something new than this boring ass +1/-1 with predicted results always shown. Then, if you showed, saved, and present the rolls of luck in a folder, that would be cool. Hey, life is a matter of luck at times. Change you can believe in.

F) Don't do a chop job on making the USA map, and US cities. Vancouver, Washington make thousands of ships, put it on the map for supply. Boise, Idaho produced all the potatoes, from the Simplot Family Dynasty from the frozen process. Boise is worth more. Make the Great Lakes actually make Michigan look like a hand, not an Ink Spot test.

G) CHANGE THE WEATHER somewhat. Right now it's too extreme. The entire planet is either Clear, Mud, Rain, or Snow. Can we have it broken up in systems? Meaning the weather "moves across the map". Can we have a weatherman that actually predicts future weather? Now it's like......soon as a push a button, I look for what my opponent will have, then go, oh ****, wish I didn't do that, he got lucky weather. How about "cloud cover" which means you cannot see the enemies positions, let alone anybody in an area? How about the weather means some units cannot even do ****. If you're freezing your ass off, you're not about to take orders from anybody, thus that unit is "disconnected" from leadership, their strength & everything is not even revealed. I hate the way it is now. MUD turns are the dumbest thing I've seen.

Seriously, these are just ideas. I really hope you make some cool stuff. If you just repackage this with a new map, I won't be happy.

-Legend since birth

-BF Icon since November '02

@C#

Good idea, sometimes it is really a pain in the neck.

@G

What about an entry in the Statistics where you can take a look at a map (Something like the War Map) and klick on the different weather zones. Then you can see a Diagram like: January: Mostly Rainy, August: Sunshine in a percent value how possible good weather is.

This feature would be very helpful for the Pacific Campaign (Monsoon etc,)

My own suggestion for Naval Battles:

In Pacific Theatre we encounter ships build with elite 2 (Yamato) or 1 (Iowa).

Why is it impossible to build such things by self or to repair it completely to its old status.

What about introducing a system for bigger ships to build them in elite an allow to repair them to that but on the other run other ships can not be increased in that way. Imagine a Royal Oak with the Fire Power of a Yamato.

It should be possible until Elite 3 (See Super Yamato 20")

Something like that would be cool for Carriers (Midway, Shinano, Taiho-Kai, Malta Project or even the Habakkuk Project)

Naval Warfare should still resemble advanced Ship Radar and new Ammunition projectiles.

Cheers

Dominik

There are certainly some good ideas there.

About these partisans, one thing that always bothered me is that the only way to find out where they are going to pop up is to manually check the script files. You just have to do this before you can play seriously. If you have to read through code before you can start playing a game then there is still some work that needs to be done!

So it really wouldn't hurt to add small icons on squares where partisans may appear. It would be best to make it an option in the menu, so that it is possible to turn it off as well.

I really like JJR's partisan idea, let's face it partisans should appear randomly and melt away when attacked, wasn't that the MO for them in reality.

A player facing a potential partisan occupation should only be able to deduce where partisans might form, not know exactly where they will form. Perhaps there should be a limit on the number of partisan units that will form in a region, of course a randomized figure different from game and circumstance each play.

Take Spain for instance, lets say they will get a partisan occurrence from 7 to 20 times in the course of a game. If the occupier is astute at garrisoning and finally kills the allotted number then no more will form, the occupier has subdued the region and can remove their garrisons. Only thing is, the conqueror will not know that exact number.

Now doesn't that sound like a real life simulation of the "partisan" effect?

Would be cool to move them in "silent mode" just like subs. Where the partisans do not capture land, thus remain undetected. Also, make spotting them just like subs, where you cannot see them. Hey, you could even make a Gestopo unit to garrison cities, find partisans just like destroyers do for subs, and round up civilians for factory work.

I don't now, just running my flap. Something should be done.

Wouldnt it sorta make sense where partisans could appear?I doubt they would want to be out in the open hexes.Having them restricted to the mountains cities and forests makes sense to me.I do realise that is still alot of hexes.

I do like rambos idea about the Gestapo.Major Hochstetter anyone(lol).

?

You guys want it historical. Quite a bit of slave labor was used by Nazi Germany. I've never understood people who felt there was a difference of which German blew you to Hell. Imagine being in Russia as the German regulars clean out your home, life, & kill everybody......and somebody says,"Oh, it's okay, they were just regular army, they are the good ones".

Rails, resource, slave labor, etc.......just make them like mines or lack of.

American corporations use the cheap labor everyday.

?

You guys want it historical. Quite a bit of slave labor was used by Nazi Germany. I've never understood people who felt there was a difference of which German blew you to Hell. Imagine being in Russia as the German regulars clean out your home, life, & kill everybody......and somebody says,"Oh, it's okay, they were just regular army, they are the good ones".

Rails, resource, slave labor, etc.......just make them like mines or lack of.

American corporations use the cheap labor everyday.

I think this shall be kept out of any Simulation, as you must know, that "THE WINNER WRITES THE HISTORY". it's not because i'm german or will defend any Axis behaviour, never, but you should know that the "ALLIED-Historiy" became the "World-History" while a lot of unwanted storys where never taught to your people.

Some most know are here : ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_war_crimes_during_World_War_II )

but i read several other books ( german ) that mention Allied activities similar to Axis, going as far as eyewitness and other prouves that the 3 dropped A-Bombs where a Axis Tech taken by end of the war from some top secret Facilities, and kept some very secret also, up to now.... but all this is

"lost" history and we may never know what really happend as "real" history:D

I like stats - how about on the casualty screen breaking down the destroyed ubits by type?

I like the idea about weather - Look at June 6, 1944 they went on that date inspite of weather predictions. How about a percentage chance of finding the weather condition for your opponents turn? Do I counter attack towards Paris in 1944 with my panzers or will the weather leve them exposed?

I would also like to see a bit more with the naval rules - surface raiders are huge IMHO but my American fleet was victimized time and again in PTO due to weather grounded all the CAP - I guess this goes back to the weather thing again

Baron is absolutely correct about the weather. Soon as you "press" end of turn, I watch to see what the oppenents weather will be. This makes all the difference. Clear weather is devasting on a brave counter.

@PowerGmbH --- You're welcome to join Buntaland: http://s15.invisionfree.com/Buntaland/index.php? It's a Forum where nothing is off topic