White unit bases under Vista

SATaylor

I have been running CM for years under XP. Recently, my cd rom died and I have had to install the game on Vista. I am running it in compatability mode. I had a problem with white text. Downloaded the fix and problem is no more. New problem: Units show white bases. I have tried shift-b to no avail. Does anyone know of a way to get rid of these?

You may e-mail me directly at SATaylor@aol.com

Thanks in advance.

I can't remember if there is any work-around for white bases. This may be dependent on the video drivers you're willing to try. It sounds like you have a Radeon from some of the fixes that you tried. As much of a hassle as it sounds, you may want to try an earlier driver that what you have installed currently (assuming that you're possibly running the latest Catalyst). Unfortunately there's not guarantee that there will be a driver that fixes this issue.

One thing you can possibly try is to Alt-Tab out of CM to the Vista desktop and then re-maximize the game. This is typically useful for refreshing the scenario lists and other text that may not update as expected.

"Compatibility Mode" under Vista doesn't do anything for CM as far as I'm aware. It was used for Windows XP when some customers had problems with the disc copy protection scheme used by Battlefront, though it wasn't a consistent fix for many.