Community Strategy Guide

hcrof

Radio Jamming - is a simple example of a difficult situation, wag on this can not be a platoon leader or company. This is only a simple example. In the battle of equivalent opponents have a lot of factors as they are breaking the enemy «situational awareness» - heavy artillery fire, rocket attacks and aircraft to the whole area of troops, heavy casualties, panic, fear, destruction of some of the HQ in a chain of command.

When the enemies are strong against the enemy and inflict terrible blows, there is no equivalent to the opponents the opportunity to make a one-sided beating as it was in Yugoslavia, for example.

Job Radio Warfare is interesting and secret. Constantly looking for new special intelligence innovations in equipment, radio frequencies and radio channels. Jamming enemy radio communications and to leave it all to yourself, very good (E-111 an excellent aircraft), but even in the Soviet system has a chance - the old equipment - to crush the radio on almost all the bands - for the enemy and for their units. On the other hand - station Radio Jamming - a glowing Christmas tree for electronic reconnaissance of the enemy, there is an understanding - can not be completely deprived of all forms of communication of the enemy, but you can break them. Then the system of Radio Jamming is a bright end. Example - when the war was Russia - Georgia in 2008 - Georgian Centre REW well-equipped western systems made considerable noise for communications of the Russian 693 and 135 MRR (when we were fighting near the village to the west and south of Tskhinvali - Zemo -Khveti, Zemo Nikozi and Khetagurovo). It is at the level of tactical command, because the parameters of this communication (radio frequency, etc.) are well known. However, Russian troops were able to convey the requirement definition of Radio Jamming service. After not very long time - areas of radiation Jamming started getting shots from the MLRS BM-27 Uragan - and Georgian services stopped working.

In any case - such interesting aspects of the war - are above the level of platoon, company (infantry, tank fate). Therefore, 'Boevoi Ustav' begins training for the worst situation. There is a good - when radio communications, command and control is well, no communication - 'Boevoi Ustav' explains how to do fighting-work- even at the stage of training

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm doing a bit of thread necromancy, and I don't know what the forum stance on this is, but I didn't want to create a new thread when an existing one can do.

When calling in an artillery fire mission, we can choose the rate of fire the battery will have to use. Other than Emergency, is there any negative impact in accuracy if I order a Heavy barrage rather than a Medium or Light barrage?

And is there any reason not to use all the avaiable guns when calling in a fire mission, since ammo consumption can be controlled by setting a proper lenght?

From my observation (only) accuracy doesn't seem to be impacted.

If you use multiple tubes you will use ammo from each gun, so you do use more ammo for the same amount of time from (say) one gun. But, you'd get more shells landing at the same time. Or, maybe I misunderstand your question?

I'll second that accuracy isn't effected from what I've seen.

The primary reason I use less guns/lighter barrage is for suppressing fire. This can be pretty handy with light mortars and such (or even bigger guns on occasion).

For example 60mm won't do much to guys in good positions or buildings... but it will make a lot of loud noises and keep their heads down. In a recent scenario I used long duration, but light, 60mm fire on a couple of buildings to supplement my limited direct fire suppression at the time. It kept their heads down and let me maneuver in to assault.

I'll third that, I cannot see how rate of fire would effect accuracy at all. About the only thing the rate of fire might effect, other than how fast you run out of ammo, is the time required between fire missions. I.E. the gunners are tired out.

I always use the full number of tubes except when attacking point targets. I have found a single 155mm is very effective against halted vehicles.

hcrof,

Thanks for the armor guide. It helps me as a reference. I sure miss the 'enter' tables from the original game.

Anyhow, I also seen a lot of useful information on artillery and mortars in this thread. Has anyone put together a collection of information pertaining to actual in-game tests? I know I remember Tox doing a test on infantry fatigue vs. movement and another showing the effects on infantry of targeting the area next to a building vs the roof. I appreciate the threads on tactics and all but I was going to try and compile a guide of game tested information. Sounds like your original intent on a guide was going to include this type of data. Is this something you have in the works?