Normandy Game

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No USMC?

Jon

Well OK, you got me there, but really it amounts to new uniform and not much else I can think of. Either a Flame Sherman or maybe going to the trouble to model wood siding on some of the Shermans, and a different OOB. i was just suggesting that most of the work would center around a completely different terrain set, with a myriad of different climate types within it.

Technically we probably still could, but we will probably push it into 2010 so we can enjoy the Holidays without pressure to release and/or support. And by "we" I mean us poor saps that have to make the thing, not you lucky buggers who just get to play it :D

Steve

good to hear! BF got caught "with its pants down" when you released CMSF - I certainly did not want that to happen to CMN!

:)

Steve,

When will we see the first renders of equipment as was done with CMSF? It doesn't even have to be ingame in order to wet our appetites :P

Also, when is the game finally going to be announced? SF was announced a year or so before release (?), I would imagine a similar full title to be announced well before release.

It seems a wee bit strange moving from its definitely out in 2009 to 'we cant really be arsed to get it out, even though we could if we wanted'. Wasn't the Brit module given the same treatment in 2008?

However I do understand that these things are finite and problems may occur with your scheduling at any time which means that your release dates will be pushed back. Better then just to say nothing rather than make a statement that makes you look like silly a few months later.

Steve

The delays so far are not going to be repeated.

Also, 2010 is not a release timeframe for CM: Normandy. And before you wisearses say 2011 :), I'll say it is definitely going to happen in 2009. Probably a few months later than we wanted

Hopefully its worth waiting for then, June 2010 release?

GSX,

Better then just to say nothing rather than make a statement that makes you look like silly a few months later.

Well, that's the dilemma we've been in since before we started Battlefront. Customers WANT a timeframe. In fact, they demand it. And if we don't give them one then they start making up their own, which causes confusion and misunderstandings galore. Which then causes frustration and we end up looking "silly".

We're in an absolutely no-win situation here. It's always been that way, and it will always be that way.

We were shooting to have CM: Normandy out before the end of the year. We're still pretty close to being able to do that. But as I said, for marketing and support reasons it is not a good idea to release anywhere near Christmas, so we've nixed that idea already.

Summer 2010 is more likely the release date of CM: Commonwealth Forces.

Steve

But seriously, can't you guys at the very least just sh*t out a single screenshot. It'll at least shut everybody up for awhile, not to mention put a smile on our faces. :)

They haven't actually started on the game yet. They are going to pull an all-nighter the day before it's due.

GSX,

Summer 2010 is more likely the release date of CM: Commonwealth Forces.

Steve

Steve

As always, thanks for the frank and honest replies regarding the release. Great to see the ball moving forward on Normandy!

I forget, is Commonwealth the first or second module for the Normandy family? Given that release date, I assume it is the first module. Is the second Market Garden? Is there a third or fourth planned?

And if I remember correctly, Battle of the Bulge is the next family up after Normandy, right?

As always, thanks for the hard work BFC!

Chad

I forget, is Commonwealth the first or second module for the Normandy family?

Second.

Is the second Market Garden?

If I understand correctly, that will be the second family.

And if I remember correctly, Battle of the Bulge is the next family up after Normandy, right?

After Market-Garden. I.e., that is the planned third family.

Michael

Second.

Michael

What's the first modual for Normandy? We've got US and then something and then Commonwealth, what's coming in between? (Unless you're refering to the US as the first modual).

So if Market Garden and Battle of the Buldge are their own families (with their own moduals I assume), how long until we get to the Russian front?

Combined with the NATO modual and then CM:SF2 this is allot of games in a short time period isn't BFC worried about over saturation?

(Unless you're refering to the US as the first modual).

I assumed it was obvious.

So if Market Garden and Battle of the Buldge are their own families (with their own moduals I assume), how long until we get to the Russian front?

No idea.

Combined with the NATO modual and then CM:SF2 this is allot of games in a short time period isn't BFC worried about over saturation?

It's a long term employment scheme.

;):D

Michael

Second.

Michael

Thanks for the reply Michael. I am pretty sure that paratroopers will make it into the first 'family' game, and I thought that was through the Market Garden 'module' - not a base game. I could easiliy be wrong, but that's the way I remember it.

I cant find it anymore, but months and months ago Steve posted the long term plans for this kind of stuff. When I try to search for it, I get 1,000 hits or so. So after seeing it the first time, I have never been able to find it again.

Hopefully Steve can come and clear up our collective confusion :)

Thanks

Chad

Close, but all he says, atleast that I can find, is that the first 'family' of games will go up to August, then the next 'family' of games will go until the end of the war. But to add to the confusion, this was a year ago. I have no idea if things have changed.

I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to find it on the search, and still no luck.

If someone has the list, or better yet, BFC, if your willing to give us a little bone on the latest and greatest plans for the Western Europe 'family' games, and the planned modules for each, that would help wrap up this confusion.

Thanks in advance!

Chad