Split USA?

For AI purposes for PAC I was considering splitting the USA.

There would be the major power East USA and the minor power West USA.

I can run a convoy from West to East to link up the production and allow upgrades.

Reason why I am considering this is for scripting. AI subs dont use naval loops. Its hard to ship the USA navy from east to west for support and send troops. The AI only builds at the capital even if you tell it that another city is an industrial capitol.

Now for production if I do this, would the production script for the US apply for both east and west (minor) and build the same ratios? Could I make West US purchase script?

I have USA major split on Brute Force between 2 maps as a major. One problem is the AI didnt build on the west coast. I gave AI their navy on the west coast because its such a bitch to send ships over to the west coast. I gave them ships at 1 str and had them repair them.

If I have USA west I can run a convoy from one to the other (axis can attack). I just wonder if I can specify a build for west coast in the scripts or does it follow USA major.

If I can and basically they act like their own major power with their own build center that would help A LOT. I have "Axis oil" as a minor be easy to make it "USA west"

You know this is a really good idea, and not just for making it easier to have ships be in place. What you could do is add in a few decision scripts, such as German unrestricted submarine warfare. If the Axis player accepts then he receives a few extra subs, but angers America greatly. Another decision script you could add in would be whether to ship oil to Japan or not. If so a small portion of the west US begins supplying Japan, if not Japan's activation jumps greatly. Set the value at something like 15%, this way you can save a minor country slot.

Well I figured out a way to make the USA 1 major power, allow their subs to attack Japan, and let the navy do its thing. I readjusted the Pac map for this. But I might make the PDE scenario a split USA since I already have Axis Oil as a minor.

Maybe I do it for Pac map too. Not sure.

If I have a convoy from USA west (minor) to USA east it gives full city production correct?