Next release: Nato-Modul!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be happy enough with a Wiesel.

Help me list the different types of German Battallions we might get.

I'm thinking:

Panzer (armored)

Panzer Grenadier (armored infantry)

Jaeger (Light infantry)

Fallschirmjaeger (airborne)

at least one type or reconnaissance-how do you say that in German-Aufklarungs?

any others?

Thanks

I think, it will be similar to the contingents we saw in the US and British moduls, that means mostly armoured units.

Panzer with Leo 2 A6

Panzergrenadiere with Marder

Panzeraufklärer with Fennek

One sort of light Infantry with Fuchs and Dingo

That can be Jäger, Fallschirmjäger or Gebirgsjäger (last one would be cool!:D)

The rest? Who knows?

I think, it will be similar to the contingents we saw in the US and British moduls, that means mostly armoured units.

Panzer with Leo 2 A6

Panzergrenadiere with Marder

Panzeraufklärer with Fennek

One sort of light Infantry with Fuchs and Dingo

That can be Jäger, Fallschirmjäger or Gebirgsjäger (last one would be cool!:D)

The rest? Who knows?

Of the 3 light infantry (Jaeger) types which use the Wiesel, all of them? Which of the 3 would most likely be used in our fictional war? My guess would be the Fallschirmjaeger.

Yes, you are right, all of them use the Wiesel with MK 20 (mm) and TOW, maybe also the Mortar-Wiesel.

Which type of light Infantry would be first?

Normally, over the last years, Fallschirmjäger or Gebirgsjäger were the first, who steped in. Both have a kind of Elite-Infantry-status.

To add to the list:

Panzerpioniere with the Fuchs

KSK (Kommando Spezial Kräfte) would be cool, but i don´t think, they will come, because in the other Moduls, there were also no Special forces!

@ Piecekeeper:

What is a CV 9040? Do you have a picture?

Well since we got British light infantry I think there's a very good chance we'll get at least one type of German light infantry and the Wiesel along with it.

Does anyone know the different types of Canadian Army frontline battallions?

I assume again armour, armoured infantry, light infantry, Recce.

Steve: OK, no Gepard in the Nato module, but we must have it in SF2! haha :) Can I take the "no comment" on the German F-4F/ICE fighter bomber as a yes? :)

MARS42: Yes, but I'm not speaking of taking on other armored vehicles, you don't need AP ammo to blast infantry, machine gun positions, buildings, assorted light vehicles, etc. ;)

That would be the CV9035. Which, somewhat unsurprisingly, has a 35mmm cannon instead of a 40mm.

CV9035NL, to be precise. Cannon is a Bushmaster III 35/50mm. They can skip by 40 and go straight for 50mm if they want. ;)

01hf9.jpg

A reminder, both US Army and British have Light Infantry in place. Marines, inherently, are Light Infantry. So there is lots of Light Infantry already in the game :D

We are not going to be as "complete" with any one of the three nations in NATO as we have for US Army, USMC, and British so far. I mean, you really don't think we're going to release three game's worth of stuff in one Module, right? ;) Instead, overall content of NATO will be equal, or greater, to the content of any single previous releases, not greater on a per individual nation basis. This means we are simulating the likely forces which would be employed in Syria for Canadians, Dutch, and Germans. The total of these forces will offer a more diverse and interesting force mix than any of the previous releases when it's views as a whole product.

Steve

So long as the Bundeswehr forces in the NATO module have Leopard 2A6s, MG3s, and G36s, I'll be content. :D If I have to wait for CM:N to get Fallschirmjäger and/or Panzersturmpioniere, I can handle that. ;)

German Bundeswehr forces MUST have a Weisel!!

WieselArmouredWeaponsCarrierWiesel2.jpg

I don´t know how this module could be released without them.

Well Cassio at least is pulling for a Wiesel. :) If he gets his way, we'll have German light infantry of some sort at least.

Well Cassio at least is pulling for a Wiesel. If he gets his way, we'll have German light infantry of some sort at least.

You'd probably be insane if you didn't like the Wiesel. :)

Both Wiesel 1 and 2 are really cool. But then again all the vehicles used by the Germans look awesome. Even the older Leo2 A4 and the G Wagon have their charm!

-