I can't launch SC2

Hi,

I have the french game and when i try to launch it I have this message:

"error:impossible to find directx 7 or higher the programme are stopped"

But i download the directx directly on microsoft site and all are up to date.

I try to run my game in administrator: the same problem.

Strangely the game demo run great :confused:

With patch or less i have the same problem.

My computer run on vista 64.

Thanks for help.

saudade, can you check to see if you have the file 'dx7vb.dll' in your SC2 installation directory?

If you do not, you can download the file from here:

http://www.battlefront.com/versionchecks/dx7vb.dll

After that please do the following (customize it for the installation location on your system as it may differ from the one described below):

1) Place the 'dx7vb.dll' file into their Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg installation directory. Typically this would be C:\Program Files\Battlefront\Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg

2) Go to Start and select Run

3) Type regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Battlefront\Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg\dx7vb.dll". Please use the quotes, i.e. "", as indicated otherwise it may not find the appropriate path.

4) If you receive an 0x8007005 error message this means you do not have the appropriate permissions and will need to temporarily disable your User Account Control (UAC) and repeat step 3). You should refer to your Vista documentation for further instructions on the disabling and subsequent re-enabling of UAC

5) Re-enable UAC as desired once the dll is successfully registered.

Hey Saudale, you've obviously had the best help around in HC, but I'll offer another additional suggestion if you're running Vista.

I found all my complications ceased if I made a "game" folder in my "C" drive and not use the default path "program folder" for the game download. Keep everything SC in that same level folder and maybe you'll have success.

• 4 months later...

I've just installed SC-2 on this computer from a disc issued when it first came out. It won't recognize my license key. Unfortunately there are three figures in it that might be 0 or might be O. I've tried several times using variations etc & etc, and keep getting no for an answer.

I'd like to give the game another try but am very disgusted that this very, very long license key (32 figures) is fighting me at every turn. The last time I entered it was 3 years ago, on a computer I no longer own; could that be what's causing the problem?

John,

I believe all 0 are treated as 'zeros' in the license keys. I would double check to make sure it is the right key for the right game and if all of this still doesn't allow you to get the game up and running then I would suggest opening a ticket at the Battlefront Helpdesk and they can get you up and running quickly.

Here is the link:

http://www.battlefront.com/helpdesk

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Thank you, Hubert. I'll give it a try this morning. :)

-- Three years ago I ran it on an old machine that didn't have much memory; the moves seemed to last forever and I quickly soured on the game. Hopefully it will run better on this newer machine. I'm looking forward to seeing it as you'd intended it to be. :cool:

BINGO!! -- Up and running. This time I downloaded the 1.09 patch and entered the License Key with all 0 and O as zeroes, then ran it as Admin. Botted right up. Looking forward to giving it another fling.

Thanks for the solution, Hubert. :)