M1 carbine from TOW2???

Well pending any replies, I decided to start on a new M1 carbine just in case the TOW2 version cant be imported into TOW1:cool:.

carbinerender.jpg

carbinerender2.jpg

Yeah, I know it needs to be reduced in detail, but that will not take much work:). Any guidelines on max amount of tri's???

Thank's for the positive comments:D.

Looks great. If you do create this, the squad data can be easily revamped to historically sprinkle these in correct ratio for all US squads, and vehicle crewman.

Yeah, It could also be implimented in the staff squad for units like the medic:cool:.

good work! I may ask you for another weapon missing in the game: the Browning .30 Caliber M1919A4 HMG ??

Yep, I was definently looking to make that after the carbine, seeing the game only comes with the .50 cal HMG for the US:rolleyes:.

But I'm going to need help in some areas to get these ingame. Seing I have zero expirience in modding TOW. First off, could someone please give me a simplified way of getting SFS extractor to work:o . Thank's

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got the SFS extractor to work:D. I also attempted to make the M1919

Here you go Tartari;) .

m1919render.jpg

m1919render2.jpg

It needs some polishing, but the model is done for the most part. I'm currently trying to get the IMF viewer to work so I can use stock TOW textures for my weapons....

• 3 weeks later...

Thank's:).

Sorry I have not updated this in awhile. I've been extremely busy the last couple of weeks.

I do have a question. Do I need 3DS max to export my model??? I ask because I use Softimage XSI, and I'll probably have to have someone else export for me....

I'll give you guys a picture of my skinned carbine probably this weekend(If i'm not busy:()...

You do need 3DSmax to export the model with the meshtools.

You might be able to export your model from Blender3D if you use MshConverter instead (as Blender can save in *.3DS format, and MshConverter118 can convert *.3DS files to *.msh files)

I never tried though, so I'm not sure it is working

But direct export from XSI is not possible.

-Knokke

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply,

I've no idea how many polygons should be used to make a weapon in ToW (i've never tried yet). But you could find a definitive answer to this by installing MshConverter118, and opening the *.msh files for a weapon similar to the one you're designing. You'll even see of the different LODs were made and what's the view distance for each LOD.