Missing Text with Vista Patch, ATI 4850

I have the latest (7/22/09) Catalyst drivers, and no combination of AA settings makes any difference--the in-game menu and screen text is missing. I've tried alt+tabbing, etc. and nothing. Someone mentioned a ".bmp fix" for the text; what is that, where can I get it, and will that be helpful? I'd love to buy the patches for both CMAK and CMBB, but only if they, um, work with my system :)

I have the latest (7/22/09) Catalyst drivers, and no combination of AA settings makes any difference--the in-game menu and screen text is missing. I've tried alt+tabbing, etc. and nothing. Someone mentioned a ".bmp fix" for the text; what is that, where can I get it, and will that be helpful? I'd love to buy the patches for both CMAK and CMBB, but only if they, um, work with my system :)

NM. I found the file, and it works. heh.

• 1 month later...

Panama Red: thank you SO much for pointing me to the files - and for patiently replying to each of my three posts! I see you have given this help to many others too.

I'm a little surprised that there isn't a mention of this on the Battlefront "patch" web-page or in the readme.txt files for - e.g. especially the Vista patch and for all newly downloaded versions ... it would make al our lives easier if it were!

Once again, thanks for your help

Oh! Maybe there should be a stickie in the forum about this problem!