CMBB Vista Patch Issue

Installed in C:/MyGames/Battlefront/Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin

List of scenarios in the Scenarios folder

Worth noting that before I apply the Vista patch and add the three files I can open the game and all those scenarios are listed to play, as soon as I apply the patch it's only these.

Where does it get the Biderman from?

I notice that the two others visible as existing twice in the directory, one with commas in the filenames and one without. Nuke those.

Any effect of the *.dll?

Took out the files with the commas, still only lists those three scenarios.

Took out the ones without the commas and left the ones with the commas and there are no scenarios.

Took out all six of the files, there are no scenarios.

Removing the *.dll doesn't help, still only those three scenarios and that's it.

If I replace the new .exe with the old .exe all the scenarios come back, but according to the developers the new .exe isn't doing anything with the list.

OK I deleted that dll file but still crashes. Then I did a new clean install, started the game without patch with no problem. Installed the patch and this time it even didnt asked me to enter the license number, it immediately crashed.

Anydody with Vista 64 for whom this patch worked? If so what game version do you have? Anthology, CDV stand alone or download from Battlefron?

The next step is to isolate the problem to determine whether Vista64 (maybe in combination with just ATI or just NVidia) or CDV's CMBB version is responsible.

I don't recall "works for me" confirmation for either.

But a Vista64 incompatibility would now make an easier target to explain things.

I run all the CM games on Vista 64. First turn off UAC "User Account Control". Second, install the game in either C:\Program Files(x86), or in there own folder. Don't install them in the "C:\Program Files" directory. Oh and run as Administrator.

If you are having the white out text and slow performance in game, I'm guessing you are running a ATI graphics card, there is a user fix for the text (I can't remember where, but I know it is here), but the poor performance is a ATI driver issue I think.

I have the CDV version, I patched the game to 1.04 and it works fine for me. I am also running Vista 64bit

I just did what the patch install readme said to do and when I played the game the first time, I right clicked on the .exe icon and "ran as administrator" to be sure.

The game is installed in C:\program files (x86) directory

I have the CDV version, I patched the game to 1.04 and it works fine for me. I am also running Vista 64bit

I just did what the patch install readme said to do and when I played the game the first time, I right clicked on the .exe icon and "ran as administrator" to be sure.

The game is installed in C:\program files (x86) directory

What graphic card do you have?

Could someone please detail everything that you are suppose to do to get this fix and CMBB to work, everytime I try to run the upgrade I get a windows has encountered an error message. Thanks in advance. I did read the ReadMe.

You know what would be a great start?

Not saying "got an error message". Instead, tell us what the bloody thing said.

Not to sound like a "Me, me, me!" type but does anyone have any more ideas on the original issue? I have given all the info that there is to give and I am at a loss here. I rely on the forum as customer service has been ignoring my email for six days now and I hold out little hope.

What we need is a larger scale poll where everybody, including those people for which it works (that's important, too) give all the info.

Should be a fresh thread with a "everybody who tried the Vita patch successfully/unsuccessfully please post here" title. You should also p.m. every single person who reported problems if they don't post on their own.

Since this forum is set up to not have polls and no editing of your own posts I don't feel to lead that effort.

What we need to knows:

- OS?

- graphics card?

- graphics driver and DX version?

- CDV or BFC?

- if CDV, the anthology with no safedisk or the single-game version?

- specific problem symptoms (crash, scenarios missing?)

- if error message, the contents of the message (duh)

Maybe I'll start later but since I never bought Vista myself (I just want to keep CMx1 alife) I might not be 100% suitable.