CMBB Vista Patch Issue

Hola,

I got my copy of the Battlefront newsletter and saw the new patches. Exciting stuff so I went directly to battlefront.com and downloaded both. I followed the instructions, renamed the .exe and extracted the files. New .exe in the old location (as mentioned in the how-to text). Next up is a game....or not. I try to run it and I get a DEP (Data Execution Prevention) message. Ok...I add CMBB to the "do not DEP" list. NOW for the game...or not. Now when I double click the .exe I go through the Open File Security Warning and then the UAC rigamarole and then nothing happens. Nothing at all, no process running, no nada. What have I screwed up?

Or is this a Vista 64bit issue and I have wasted $10?

I read the forum posts that related to these patches before I bought them (force of habit) and I had to chuckle at those who had their panties in a twist over five or ten dollars to play these great games again. But...if there is an undocumented 64bit compatibility issue, I'd sure like my tenner back.

I recently bought the Vista upgrade and installed it. When I start up the program it opens and when I go to Battles there are only 4 scenarios listed.

I can play the scenarios as usual but am wondering why the other scenarios don't show up even though when I look in the scenario folder, they are there.

I recently bought the Vista upgrade and installed it. When I start up the program it opens and when I go to Battles there are only 4 scenarios listed.

I can play the scenarios as usual but am wondering why the other scenarios don't show up even though when I look in the scenario folder, they are there.

I have the same problem. I already put in a helpdesk ticket and they apparently can't replicate the problem on any version they have. I have the Direct2Drive version, don't know what you have.

At this point I just uninstalled everything and figure I lost $5.

Please post the exact file list of the whole CM directory, carefully preserving case. An output from find(1) would be best.

I got a hunch here that this is a problem with a minor difference in directory/filename layout or naming details.

Also note specifically which scenarios are visible.

Ok sorry did understand that you only wanted that information for the other problem.

Folders: BMP, OpenPlay Modules, PBEM, Quick Battle Maps, Saved Games, Scenarios, Wav.

Files: Barbarossa to Berlin.exe, Battlefront Website, Combat Mission BB Prefs, elicen40.dll, msvcr71.dll, OpenPlay.dll, ReadMe.txt, receipt.txt

Hope this helps. Thanks for looking into this¡

Ok sorry did understand that you only wanted that information for the other problem.

Folders: BMP, OpenPlay Modules, PBEM, Quick Battle Maps, Saved Games, Scenarios, Wav.

Files: Barbarossa to Berlin.exe, Battlefront Website, Combat Mission BB Prefs, elicen40.dll, msvcr71.dll, OpenPlay.dll, ReadMe.txt, receipt.txt

Hope this helps. Thanks for looking into this¡

Which problem do you have?

If you have the problem of scenarios not showing up, the contents of that folder?

In any case, nuke the msvcr71.dll and see whether that fixes whatever problem you have.

Please post the exact file list of the whole CM directory, carefully preserving case. An output from find(1) would be best.

I got a hunch here that this is a problem with a minor difference in directory/filename layout or naming details.

Also note specifically which scenarios are visible.

Installed in C:/MyGames/Battlefront/Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin

List of scenarios in the Scenarios folder

Worth noting that before I apply the Vista patch and add the three files I can open the game and all those scenarios are listed to play, as soon as I apply the patch it's only these.