SC2 Demo troubles

I just downloaded the demo as advertised in under the Downloads section. Everything went smooth and fine. The game started up and I started a new game. Soon as I pressed begin, and it started loading, an Error message appeared saying the following:

"Error - FAILED(lost_surfaces): Segmentation violation"

After this message appeared, with the only selection choice of being "OK," the game would shut down entirely. Any explanations or anything that might help me fix this problem?

Hi Hauptman

I did a quick search of previous threads in this forum and I noticed that someone else reported the same problem a while back. At the time Hubert offered the following advice:

Couple of things I would try such as running the game in the 16 bit video mode option. This can be accessed via the SETTINGS dialog in game, i.e. it looks like you are running the game at 1680x1050x32, try running it at 1680x1050x16. Also try updating your video card driver and installing the latest version of DirectX to see if that helps.

I would also check to make sure you have enough video ram required to meet the minimum specs.

Please let us know whether or not this helps.

Thanks.