CMBB Vista upgrade

I just wanted to say a big thank you for a very well timed (and almost free) upgrade to Combat Mission 2. I had just started playing CMBB again but I had a display problem while running it on my desktop PC with Windows 7 release candidate (build 7100). The new upgrade SOLVED the video problem where the previous frame was not correctly wiped when a new frame was drawn.

By the way: CMBB runs fine on my Samsung NC10 webbook (also called a mini notebook by some). It only has a 1024 x 600 pixel display and Intel Atom 270 but the game is quite playable. No display problems either.

This is the kind of support I've come to expect from Battlefront over the years. I'm going to purchase Theatre of War 2 next.

(Now if I could only find my Strategic Command: European Theatre CD somewhere. It would probably run fine on the NC10 too.)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question if I may.

CMBB 1.03 (and CMBO) run fine on my quad core Vista 64 system with nVidia GTX285 w/1 GB in 1600x1200; haven't tried CMAK yet on this configuration.

How - if at all - would the patch benefit me?

Thanks in advance for answering! :)

Wow, this is a great day for the goodies. I went back to XP already but this is welcome news. Thanks Philip!

Cheers! I'm glad to see that so many folks are seeing their problems resolved.

When I apply this new Vista patch to a fresh install of CMBB it only displays three Battles, and there are no Operations. What's up with that?

I was thinking it might be a display issue so I Alt+Tabbed out of the game and went back in, but no luck. I also disabled AA for the game through my video card, so I don't think it's a display issue. Looking in my Scenarios folder in the directory shows I have quite a bit more than three Battles to choose from, or at least I should.

Any idea what the problem could be?

When I apply this new Vista patch to a fresh install of CMBB it only displays three Battles, and there are no Operations. What's up with that?

I was thinking it might be a display issue so I Alt+Tabbed out of the game and went back in, but no luck. I also disabled AA for the game through my video card, so I don't think it's a display issue. Looking in my Scenarios folder in the directory shows I have quite a bit more than three Battles to choose from, or at least I should.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Permissions? Adminstrator/User rights, that kind of thing?

Permissions? Adminstrator/User rights, that kind of thing?

When I did a fresh install I went to start a game before the patch and all the missions and everything were there. As soon as I use the new .exe, though, only three missions show up in the list. Permissions and administrator/user rights were set for both versions and only the fresh install without the Vista patch had all the misisons.

When I did a fresh install I went to start a game before the patch and all the missions and everything were there. As soon as I use the new .exe, though, only three missions show up in the list. Permissions and administrator/user rights were set for both versions and only the fresh install without the Vista patch had all the misisons.

Since your report we have been testing this on all sorts of combinations of versions etc. and cannot replicate this issue. Are you sure that you didn't accidentally install the upgrade over a demo version?

One Question:

I own the CDV Version of CMBB, is it possible to install the 1.04 Patch over this version?

The patch is *supposed* to work with any versions out there. I say "supposed" because it's impossible for us to test each and every combination. There are dozens of versions of CMBB out there, some many many years old.

In either case, you should however make sure to upgrade to 1.03 first.

Martin

PS. You should also only apply the upgrade if you actually have Vista AND if you actually have problems with the graphics :)

And where's the Mac OS X upgrade for CM:BO, CM:BB or CM:AK ????

OS X has only been the default OS of every Mac made by Apple since 2002 ...

Battlefront is STILL stuck in year 2001 when it comes to Mac !

Hello to Battlefront! We don't use OS 9 anymore ! !

Can someone help me on this CMBB Vista download.

I've got CMBB loaded with 1.3 in my Vista PC. I downloaded the 1.4 Vista patch but I don't know how to extract a compressed file. When I try to extract it says something like "Compressed files were unable to locate the specified directory." I did specify the directory C:\Program Files\CMBB ??