Joe Shaw will so be upset when he sees I started a new Peng Challenge thread

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Japan. Idiot.

Noba.

I can't speak to the existence of any given radio station, but the prefix "W" would be indicative of a United States radio station, specifically one east of the Mississippi unless they've changed the rules since I last looked. Were it west of the Mississippi it would have a "K" prefix.

But perhaps that's more information than you wanted.

Joe

I can't speak to the existence of any given radio station, but the prefix "W" would be indicative of a United States radio station, specifically one east of the Mississippi unless they've changed the rules since I last looked. Were it west of the Mississippi it would have a "K" prefix.

That's sort of true, but not an absolute. I have encountered a few stations west of the Mississippi with W as the first letter. If I had stuck around east of the Missssssisssssipppppppiiii long enough, I probably would have encountered a K station or two. As a footnote of some interest are the number of older stations with only three letters in their call sign.

But perhaps that's more information than you wanted.

Or that his brain would be able to process.

Michael

Bought a new smoker and did up two racks of baby back ribs and two whole chickens on Sunday. Damn good stuff paired with a couple of bottles of garnacha.

dalem and Seanachai didn't get any either, which only made it taste even better.

That's sort of true, but not an absolute. I have encountered a few stations west of the Mississippi with W as the first letter. If I had stuck around east of the Missssssisssssipppppppiiii long enough, I probably would have encountered a K station or two. As a footnote of some interest are the number of older stations with only three letters in their call sign.

Michael

If my memories from college Radio and TV classes are correct, KDKA was the first commercial radio station in the world and it began broadcasting in 1920 from the Westinghouse "K" bldg, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

And it's true that MOST stations west of the Mississippi begin with a "K" and MOST east of the Mississippi begin with "W".

But not all of them.

If my memories from college Radio and TV classes are correct, KDKA was the first commercial radio station in the world and it began broadcasting in 1920 from the Westinghouse "K" bldg, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

And it's true that MOST stations west of the Mississippi begin with a "K" and MOST east of the Mississippi begin with "W".

But not all of them.

Frankly I'm sorry I brought the whole thing up ... we could have been using our time more effectively by jumping on that whole "mortal sin" thing with Lars ... but he caught it first.

Some great opportunities lost if you ask me.

Joe

Frankly I'm sorry I brought the whole thing up ... we could have been using our time more effectively by jumping on that whole "mortal sin" thing with Lars ... but he caught it first.

Joe

I didn't know it was worth pursuing because before you have to worry about sins, be they be mortal or not, you first must have a soul. Which I think we can all agree that Lars most definitely does not.

So the whole train of thought was derailed from the get-go.

Smoking the ribs of babies doesn't sound like a very nice thing to do.

Actually it's not bad once you master rolling them in the papers. I found that tricky and I have opposable thumbs, so I can see how it would be darned difficult for you. Perhaps if you would commit an extra tentacle or two to the task...?

Michael

Joe

American Samoa has a TV station with a call sign that starts with 'w'. I don't know why I know that.

Whats this 'us' Micheal? There is an 'us' of course, but that is different to the 'you'.

'You' by your own admission do not play the game and cannot be considered as an 'us' even if we were so benevolent as to ignore all your other failings, not to mention your lack of personal hygiene and odd behaviour around soft vegetables.

There is an 'us' of course, but that is different to the 'you'.

Quite. There is only one Lord God and Supreme Being and I am He.

You are a smelly devolved lower life form regurgitated from the bowels of this miserable planet. Have a nice day.

Michael