Multiplayer? Where is everyone?

horndog

Playing Theater of War 2 is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

Having said that it appears I am a minority. It would appear there are very few people out there playing this online. Whassup with that? It would appear there was more of a buzz on the net with the first TOW than with the second and that concerns me for a couple reasons...

First, I can't find anyone one to play this with and second I would like to see this series continue.

So if anyone out there wants a game tonight or tomorrow night after 9PM US eastern time send me a shout back and lets fight!!

HD

I understand what you mean, Killroy, but that's unfortunate because TOW2 is actually the least childish or "gamey" of any of the RTS World War II shooters. There's no silly resource-building like Company of Heroes, and way better graphics and realistic looking combat than Men of War, and better battle AI than Close Combat. This game still has some evolving to do and needs some tweaks, but it seems to have great possibilities.

• 1 year later...

I am a long time CM player, and absolutley LOVE this RTS. It is the best ww2 RTS I have played to date for realism, and just about every aspect. This is not a kids game like Company of Heros, and the like. I encourage all CM players to give this a try for a different experience that is just as fun as turn based. Both games shine in certain aspects. Turn base is more like a cliff hanger addiction that gives the pleasure of being able to sit back, relax, and enjoy thinking about strategy. For multiplayer CM is only 1v1. An RTS like TOW is a diifferent kind of rush, more like an adrenilian rush of having to think on your feet. One major difference is the multiplayer aspect, which is how great games get longevity. Unlike CM, TOW offers co-op team play. Before I got into Combat Mission series I played a game called Sudden Strike which I consider a stepping stone to the development of TOW. Sudden Strike was definitly not as realistic as TOW, but I had so much fun playing that game online for years. I joined a clan where we had vioce chat that improved our team play against other human teams. The gaming experience of multiplayer is unique, and an ultimate challange of tactics and speed. The social aspect of multiplayer is nice too. If marketed correctly TOW should be around for many years to come as a classic if it gains a solid multiplayer community as Sudden Strike did, and TOW blows Sudden Strike away except for a few command and control aspects. TRY THIS GAME! you will not be dissapointed if you get through the learning curve all new in dpth games have. Single player is much like CM where you can pause game and issue orders, and review the situation at leasure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...