New Nvidia Beta Driver Fixes OpenGL

Well at least for running the CMx1 games, since that's all we care about around here.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_32bit_190.38_beta.html

This is great news for us who have Vista and Nvidia DX10 cards. No more using 2x AA just to get it to display properly with bad performance. I just tested 190.38 out on both CMAK+CMBB, both work fine with AA and AF jacked up to 16x. Performance is back to normal too.

Let me know how it works out for the rest of you guys. ;)

Just installed Beta of 190.38.

For me, both CMBB and CMAK are nominally fixed in that previous problems of cascading graphics (without 2x AA) and slowness (when using 2x AA to fix the cascading graphics) are both gone.

However, I do get the display driver locking up sometimes as I scroll around the screen needing Alt-TAB and back again to fix it.

Just installed Beta of 190.38.

For me, both CMBB and CMAK are nominally fixed in that previous problems of cascading graphics (without 2x AA) and slowness (when using 2x AA to fix the cascading graphics) are both gone.

However, I do get the display driver locking up sometimes as I scroll around the screen needing Alt-TAB and back again to fix it.

Yeah I had that problem too when I first booted them up. My PC completely locked up. IIRC after I added AA and AF this problem went away for good.

Anyways, good to hear it worked for you too! :)

I still get the screen locking problem when I set AF to 16x and AA to either 16x or 16xQ. Did you change anything else ?

Yes I did, in the Global settings, change Texture filtering quality to "High Quality", I think the default is "Quality". Good luck with it. And yeah, as Redford said, uninstalling the previous driver doesn't hurt.

I mentioned this in the CMAK forum of same thread title. I decided to make two threads for better exposure. Some like yourself will come straight to tech support while others bump into it in the other forum.

I tried uninstalling all drivers I could and then re-installed 190.38 Beta. Also changed Texture Filtering to High Quality. Still locks up. But thanks for the advice and I feel we're getting closer to a global solution for all - maybe just 1 or 2 drivers away ...

No, much sooner than that... :) We have something cooking for you guys having problems between broken Vista drivers and CMBB/CMAK that should hopefully be ready for release sometime this week.

Hmmm, upgrade from dx5 to DX10 with true 1:1 representation of each blade of grass? :) I'm in.

Keep us posted. Might also make life easier for the Linux people as currently they have to use Cedega's version of Wine. Whatever make Vista more digestible might also make the regular Wine work.

No, much sooner than that... :) We have something cooking for you guys having problems between broken Vista drivers and CMBB/CMAK that should hopefully be ready for release sometime this week.

Please don't get our hopes up. :confused:

Since I can't play CM:BB, what other games out there have the closest feel to Cmx1? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Please don't get our hopes up. :confused:

Since I can't play CM:BB, what other games out there have the closest feel to Cmx1? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Uh. Pretty much everybody could play CMBB and CMAK by following the previous instructions.

More games like CMBB are rare, the only candidate is Panzer Command which AFAIK has no Vista issues.

Otherwise, tap your own nose for being a Vista sheep.

Hi, Im going to upgrade my pc but I´ll still use windows XP. Going to have to pick a PCI video card. Any suggestions as I don´t want to have problems running CMX1 games, CMx2 and the ones of theatre of war?

Many thanks!!

Uh, there are very few PCI video cards left and none of them support DX10. So you will be fine even if you run Vista.

You only run DX9 in that case so there was never a problem.

To break things you must have both Vista and a DX10 card.

Not true!

I have Vista HP with DX10 & all three CMx1 games. CM3 runs fine & CM2 looks OK. Graphics = Intel ® G45/G43 Express.

Guess I may be lucky!!

Hope so..