Your Best Screen Shot 2

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi whats the best way of taking screenshots in this game? Are you using third party image capturers because print screen will not work for me.

I was hoping this game was supported by x fire as its my preferred method of taking screenshots but it seems that not enough people on their forum have requested it to be added.

The mods are all taken from CM Database/Repository/Warehouse and reworked with Adobe ImageReady (mostly Dirt/Blood Effects).

I have made a lot of variations to improve diversity (I have created some 70-80 uncon skins alone). Loading time at start up of scenario gets much longer of course.

To make a screenshot, I pause a WEGO movie and bring the camera view in optimal position. The I press 'Druck' (Print-Key) and alt-Tab to desktop.

I start IrfanView and press ctrl+v (paste). Now I have my picture.

Next I mark the part I want to have (the center of screen without UI elements) and copy it.

I start a new picture and paste the marked area in.

Next I use shift+u (auto correction).

Then I resize on 800x600, sharpen the picture and save it.

That's all.

I just started taking screen shots in CMSF inspired by the great ones that I saw posted earlier in this thread and wanted to share a couple of mine with you. This is a before and after combination of a particular Syrian T-55 that was becoming a problem for my reinforcements during the second battle of the British Campaign. This is what I needed to do to rectify this problem. Please let me know what you think of these. I'm not sure if I've put these in right or not, if I haven't could someone also tell me what I need to do so they show up correctly. Thanks.

cdu801

post-26277-141867621392_thumb.jpg

post-26277-141867621393_thumb.jpg

Not the funniest, but still good:

ouch.jpg

- Now this is gonna hurt... As could be expected, the RPG hit the turret EXACTLY below the ERA.

parking.jpg

- The tank survived nontheless with every internal system inside the turret destroyed and both the commander and gunner becoming casualties. This is the spot where the driver decided it was safe for him. (And no, I haven't set that one up!)

OK going to try this again, thanks Smaragdadler for the info on getting the image on an image hoster--at least I've learned a few things during this process. Anyway, here are the two images that I promised earlier. They are a before and after shot of what happens to a T-55 that is unlucky enough to get in the sights of a British javelin team.

cdu801

cmshockforcebritishjave.jpg

cmshockforcesyriant55.jpg