Your Best Screen Shot 2

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question, souldierz: Why is there no jet out of the back of the JAV hitting the tank? I never noticed that before in any other pic. Maybe just a graphics glitch from having caught the missile at the last possible moment before detonation (meaning the flame jet is removed before the missile)? Or does the rocket motor actually cease operating before the missile hits?

Stoex, I'm not to sure, I think it might come down to the exact frame I pause it in. Maybe the flame goes out at the last possible moment before contact, but its rare that I get a perfect pause moment like that, so I really don't know.The one Javelin with the moon and the stars pic was very high in the sky and it to had no flame for that moment either.I think I caught them on the frame the flame animation was starting to loop itself or it just as well could be a graphical bug. Most of the time when I hit the pause button, the missiles still have their flame flowing out the back.

Here's a couple more very unique pictures with a Javelin about to hit something you wouldn't suspect. This is something you don't see everyday or in any typical CMSF mission.

CMShockForce2010-02-1614-11-00-01.jpg

Another angle

CMShockForce2010-02-1614-12-20-43.jpg

Hey Vincere,

My pleasure :)

I think that you should try to give a move and target order with a semtex holding unit to maximize the chance of it happening :)

Printscreen also doesn't work for me, however Fraps does. Just google & install and you can make consecutive screenshots which are saved in a user specified folder.

Hehe, I know that Javelin :D

Yes, you certainly do since your little US grunt fired it.:D

The Brits not to be outdone though, prove to have good aim with a Javelin missile as well and here's another very unique target for the Javelin.

CMShockForce2010-02-1620-10-58-74.jpg

Another Angle

CMShockForce2010-02-1620-14-26-23.jpg

Overhead

CMShockForce2010-02-1619-58-15-70.jpg

Revenge is a dish best served cold lol.

An idea for folks having trouble with the printsceen key. One reason may be that you have a keyboard with a toggle button/key for alternate uses of the function keys (F1-F12, print, pause). This would usually be located to the right of the function keys, but could be anywhere and have any name.

I have one and I have found I sometimes have to switch depending on what game or program I am using to get the correct functionality from the function keys. I even have to switch between the command sets in CMSF sometimes, since the printscreen key works on one command set, but Fraps uses the other command set ;).

@ souldierz and Lethaface: Great shots of Blue vs Blue-action! Love 'em...there's something oddly gratifying about a Javelin hitting a Bradley or Challenger, seen from the perspective of someone who often plays Red forces...

souldierz: I believe you are right and the lack of flame on some pictures is a graphics cycling issue. Not a bug though, as leaving out the flame on occasional frames causes a flicker effect in the rocket animation which is pleasing and realistic when viewed at normal speed. Hadn't thought of that before...

Today's Daily Telegraph carries the winning pictures in the annual British Army photographic competition. I was struck by how similar these shots from real life are to those produced from the game.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/uknews/7037776/Army-Photographic-Competition-2009-winners-and-runners-up.html?image=1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/uknews/7037776/Army-Photographic-Competition-2009-winners-and-runners-up.html?image=2

Soldiers, since my Javelin trooper had to evacuate his position after firing the missile (incoming fire expected), I wasn't too sure about the results to your challenger.

Perhaps you can explain everyone here if Challengers are able to withstand Javelins? :D

I can say that although this is an ERA Bradley, it didn't survive the impact. There were casualties :(

Cheers ;)

Perhaps you can explain everyone here if Challengers are able to withstand Javelins?

There are no MBT or any other vehicle in the world with turret or hull top that can whistand such warhead impact, even Merkava Mk.4A/B or Leo2A5/A6 variants with reinforced turret roof, armor there is still just too thin.

I can say that although this is an ERA Bradley, it didn't survive the impact. There were casualties

What else You can except? Look where ERA is placed, not to mention that M2 is a "thin" skin vehicle and FGM-148 have tandem warhead, even if it hit in area protected by ERA it would easy perforate armor.

Stoex and Lethaface thanks for the advice. Will have a play with at the weekend and give Fraps a try. 'Mann' I hope some day we get full playback.

Demo charges- If read right: more chance of thowing them if the sqaud is moving and targeting at the same time?

Damian,

I was only referring to my ongoing PBEM battle with Soldiers :)

Thanks for the info anyway! I too knew it was game over when it spotted the just fired Javelin and got of a round in its firers direction, to no avail. I am still pissed of though :D The Challenger2 hit by the Javelin in this game wasn't a catastrophic kill. Since even T-72's will occasionally survive a Javelin, I'm sure about the results of this missile.

I gladly believe you that in general Abrams nor Challengers can survive a Javelin. I will check if that holds up in game too.

EDIT: Vincere, something like that yes. Check out this thread: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=90036

Thanks for the info anyway! I too knew it was game over when it spotted the just fired Javelin and got of a round in its firers direction, to no avail. I am still pissed of though The Challenger2 hit by the Javelin in this game wasn't a catastrophic kill. Since even T-72's will occasionally survive a Javelin, I'm sure about the results of this missile.

I gladly believe you that in general Abrams nor Challengers can survive a Javelin. I will check if that holds up in game too.

No tank will survive FGM-148 hit, this is sure... but sometimes, it seems that in game, Javelin hit areas where shaped charge jet can't do much damage to vehicle.

I.e. when missile hit frontal multilayer laminate armor pocket/cavietie from top, it will penetrate it but, don't do much damage to crew or vehicle itself.

In case of CR2, if it hit turret bustle it can damage only NBC system, maybe turret traverse mechanism or radio's, etc.

In case of M1, it will perforate main ammo magazine, ammo start to cook-off but crew will be safe.

You see, everything depends on where missile hit... the most optimal area is hatch zone.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a lot of cinematic photo's in this thread,very good pics that capture the moment well, and I liked every single one of them. The night time pics were great, as well as the ones with the battlefield covered with smoke.The action pictures were well captured and the stand off ones with plumes of smoke in the background were fantastic.

CMShockForce2009-12-3121-35-52-3-1.jpg

Marines moving under the cover of a smoke filled village.

CMShockForce2010-01-0122-19-27-5-1.jpg

Syrian tank, well camouflaged,waits patiently for it's prey to wander into its trap

CMShockForce2010-01-0222-35-05-72.jpg

The sky has cleared the way.

CMShockForce2009-12-3122-04-05-83.jpg

Humvee TOW

CMShockForce2009-12-3122-04-20-72.jpg

Humvee MK19

Edit for the previous posts: Yes the Javelin that Hit the Challenger disabled it, but it wasn't destroyed and smoking.The crew survived and no one was harmed, but it still was a heavy blow.